Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Top Dog

Default YouTube usernames?

Call me crazy. But why the heck can't I open a YouTube account with something other than my real name??? I just want to choose a regular user name like its been for eons and eons, but it wants me to open a new Google account using only my real name. No nicknames or aliases. I do NOT want to **** somebody off or have a disagreement, and they know my real name and location.

I even tried opening a new Google account with my DOG's name just for this purpose, and Google responds "This appears to be an invalid name. If you would like to appeal using official documentation such as a driver's license, please contact..."

Am I missing something, or did Google just turn YouTube stupid? What do you do if you are a business or organization or something?

Fleetwood Mes Yeux Vigilant CGCA RE TDCH TDI and Shed Antler Dog!
Old 11-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Top Dog

Mine is still my username, they haven't asked me to change it to my real name. It's an option on mine.

That's stupid if they are MAKING you use your real name, though. Google is a stalker's freaking heaven.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:46 AM
and Spy.

Youtube keeps trying to get me to connect my gmail account (which is my official email with my full name) and I keep turning it down for obvious reasons. I have a feeling though that in the future it will force me to conjoin them, at which point I will no longer have an account on youtube.

Some other sites have been trying to get me to combine my accounts with them with my gmail account and I keep responding with a no thanks. It's not like I am embarrassed of what I comment or look at, it's just a case of me wanting my privacy respected. Plus, it seems like a security issue to have a big online presence where people can keep track of all the things that you do and look at and bookmark and save and whatever...

Yeah, this whole movement to connecting everything back to your google account is really uncool, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:47 AM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Google is a stalker's freaking heaven.
This, this, this. You managed to say what I was trying to convey much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Top Dog

I had an old account that I would rather not be associated with as much anymore, and I still have my username- but when I log in, EVERY TIME, it asks me "Would you like to update to your Google profile name now? NO? Are you sure? Tell us why?"

Grrrrr.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Puppy Dog

I used a fake name. Once you have the Google account made, and connect it to Youtube, you can choose your Youtube username.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 AM
Top Dog

I would just use a fake name and create a Youtube account with that. Also, there are other sites you can use to share videos.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:03 AM
Top Dog

I can't figure out how to log into youtube anymore; it wants me to log in with my school email which is a no-go for me. :[
Old 11-16-2012, 01:31 AM
Top Dog

Use a fake name. It let me make one with Gavroche's name and a fake last name just now.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Top Dog

I guess because fleetwood's name is Fleetwood, it is too unusual and it got flagged. I just don't understand what happens if you are not an individual, but an organization?