Just caught a loose dog

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
This dog has been hanging around by my house all morning and I finally caught her. She is super skittish and nervous so it took a lot of cheese and training treats to get close enough to catch her with a slip lead. Now in just sitting here trying to earn her trust a little and feeding her string cheese while I figure out what to do with her.

She does have a rabies tag. Called the number on it but the vet clinic is closed for some reason so ill try again in a little bit. No other identification on her. Don't know if she belongs to any of my neighbors but I've never seen her before and the only dogs my landlord talks about is one neighbor's husky and another little terrier mix that runs around here. My landlord isn't here so I have to wait to see if they recognize her.

My guess is she is maybe about 4-6 years old? Haven't had a chance to look at her teeth yet to get a better idea.

Picture

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
awww well she sure is cute! Maybe check craigslist? She looks well cared for, I'm sure somebody is looking for her

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
She definitely looks well cared for... Little chunker actually lol. I'm going to check Craigslist and im walking her to my neighbors house to see if they recognize her. She looks almost sheltie mix to me.

Saeleofu

Definitely check Craigslist. The vet may be closed for the weekend, so you may not be able to get a hold of them until Monday morning.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
She's so cute! Similar story to when we found a bc on our road - the only ID was a rabies tag, but the vet office was closed. We held onto him overnight and then called in the morning and returned him to his owners, who were lovely and worried sick (but extremely thankful!).

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Phew... found out who she belongs to. My landlord's daughter pulled up and said the dog belongs to a family friend. Apparently my landlord is dog sitting for them and had let the dog out to potty and forgot to put her back inside. She's usually an outdoor dog at a farm. She was considerably less skittish when my landlord's daughter pulled up and started wagging her tail and nuzzling me. Her name is Susie.

spiffy

It's a good thing you caught her. The dog could have wandered and gotten lost.
Good job!:thumbsupsmileyanim:

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Well I went out last night to get food and came back to her sitting on the porch again not tied up and no one home. Wasn't very thrilled about it. If that was my dog I'd be pretty unhappy with the dog being left outside with no leash, especially on a property she doesn't live on. What if she decided to leave and find home? I already told Josh that if we ever go anywhere I won't be comfortable leaving the dogs in my landlord's care. They just don't seem to feel the same way about dog care as i do so i wouldn't be comfortable with it.

Doberluv

She is cute. Wow, that's terrible how they leave her outside like that without providing safety from the road. Maybe her owners should be told. What if some time she gets out on the road and gets hit? You did a good thing taking her in. And then to find out they are leaving her loose like that? Holy moly!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Ya I'm not happy about it. Luckily we live on a small one lane country rd tucked back in the woods and don't get much traffic, but still its just not safe.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
How do you know the owners didn't want her to be left outside?

I mean, if she's usually an outdoor farm dog, the owners ould have just wanted her watched by the landlord so the landlord could feed her.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
How do you know the owners didn't want her to be left outside?

I mean, if she's usually an outdoor farm dog, the owners ould have just wanted her watched by the landlord so the landlord could feed her.
It's possible they are fine with it... But imo its one thing if the dog is being left outside on it's own property and another to be left on an unfamiliar property. My worry is that she is going to take off and try to find "home" which could land her in higher traffic areas. I already found her again further down the road and almost hit her with my car today because she ran in front of my car barking her head off at me.

Members online