Trick of the Week: Spin!

Under the video, click Share. Then click Embed. Then copy and paste what comes up.

And that's a really great idea! That was very cute.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
This is passable.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1I744xRpphs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Once again we need more enthusiasm, but this is just our 2nd session since I am rationing out treats LOL. And I am really just impressed that she is actually doing it.

Also, I need to change it up so that it's not just "yes! Good girl!" every single time. :p

Paige

Let it be
I was in the hospital this week + have had to run around with doctors appointments for Briggs .Feel like a butt for getting this started and not being able to participate. Anyways, tonight we will attempt spin.

Tazwell

Fleetwood learned spin and turn when he was little. He performs them fairly fluently, but I'd like to add some more flair. He was taught via luring.

http://youtu.be/sY4q9WXFSh4
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sY4q9WXFSh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Haven't had a chance to do much of any training, still exhausted from this past weekends drama. Kiba knows how to spin and turn (different cue for different direction). Need to rework sitting pretty with the Poodles and start spin with the others.

Sadly haven't the chance to watch all the videos yet, but has everyone mostly done shaping and/or luring? I wondered if anyone used a prop to help with this. If I remember correctly that's what I did with Kiba, but it's been so long I can't remember lol.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
click for vid..Pepper loves to spin, but we are rusty and haven't done anything for too long trick wise.She can do better.

Last edited:

Catsi

I have been so busy, I've got so many videos/posts to catch up on!

Tuffnstuff - love Boone's paw wave! I so want to teach that to little miss. He is so getting it! Love your progress in session 3 and 4 too.

Sassafras - your crew is looking awesome. Love Maisy's sit pretty.

Beanie - was that Payton throwing the toy? Lol, so funny! Whoever was featured at 2.42 is looking wonderful (I'm so sorry I can't tell your dogs apart yet :() That's Miss Pepper at the end - looking gorgeous! And love the next video as well - really good progress!

Trav is looking great! Love seeing Didgie's progression. They pick things up so fast.

Lol - synchronised spinning - go Cohen and Mega.

Kimma is quick! Again, just love her enthusiasm.

Summer is adorable - her vocals got Abby very interested in my computer and my cockatiel starting answering too lol. Gorgeous.

PWCorgi - I really think that the high rate of reinforcement helped - something that I need to take on board I think, especially when I'm shaping with Abby without objects for the first time.

I hope Zane is feeling better now!

Katielou - can you post a vid of Abe's 'where's your pee pee trick' pretty please! :D

Lily's sit pretty is looking great. I can't wait to see updated versions of sit pretty.

I love Kai and her reading lol. That's fantastic!

Juno is looking great - she really picked that up fast!

I hope I can get Abby as good on verbal as Fleetwood.

Pepper does love to spin lol!

Catsi

The first video is a collection of clips over many sessions. Because I've never really shaped with Abby for just her movement it has proved very challenging for me. But I'm happy I persevered. Included in this video is her 'turn' which was lured and trained previously. The one we are working on now will be called 'spin' eventually. This video also includes a guest appearance that I couldn't resist keeping in lol.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HYSGD09Dj8c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This second video is hopefully some better progress!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X0cT70t7Sps?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks, Catsi!

I love watching your videos! Abby is so adorable. I can't get enough of her little floofy tail. lol She's coming along really well. But her sneezes kind of stole the show in the second video. Who knew sneezing could be that cute?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I lured it because that's what I did initially. I did the same for the left. I think it's just easier to lure some behaviors and then shape others so I usually mix and match.

Mia's left spin (which I just started this week) is now as fluent as her right spin and I can do left then right then left. It only took 3 sessions to get that. When we were waiting our turn at nosework we were practicing.

I wondered if anyone used a prop to help with this. If I remember correctly that's what I did with Kiba, but it's been so long I can't remember lol.
Linds did. She used a book as a "perch" of sorts. And she had them pivot on it then took the book away.

Mia's left spin (which I just started this week) is now as fluent as her right spin and I can do left then right then left. It only took 3 sessions to get that. When we were waiting our turn at nosework we were practicing.
Nice! Well done!

Members online

No members online now.