Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Top Dog

Well I took your guys' suggestions and I'm adding duration to Crystal's spin/get your tail. I tried to add music and mute out my voice, because I sound like a dying person with my sore throat, but I have no idea if it worked...

Usually, she'll only do it once, so I'm rewarding her when she does it more than once. She gets a treat after the end of the video. Oh and yes I realized she came dangerously close to the edge of the glass table after I shot the video. :s oops.

SO anyways, day 2 of adding duration.

So, here is a cruddy cell phone video for you all (if I even embed this correctly xD)
[Oh and yes, I did add a beg and a dance at the beginning, ahah]

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 40 lbs
Old 11-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
Sadly haven't the chance to watch all the videos yet, but has everyone mostly done shaping and/or luring? I wondered if anyone used a prop to help with this. If I remember correctly that's what I did with Kiba, but it's been so long I can't remember lol.
Auggie's was lured. Payton is doing his pivot that he learned on a bowl turned upside down (this is how I taught him to heel, Trkman style.) Pepper I was trying to shape from a head turn. So I guess I've done all three LOL.
Honestly I think it kind of depends on the dog. People all have different learning styles and I think dogs do too. I think all dogs CAN learn each way but some do better/faster at certain things. Some of it I think also has to do with how they have learned so far in their life. Like Auggie can learn with the clicker, I've taught several things with it, but because he was lured as a puppy, he seems to "get" that better. With the clicker he can get stuck sometimes - he just offers the same stuff he already knows over and over, and gets frustrated and just stands there barking at me. It's hard to get him to offer something different. Payton, OTOH, was clicker trained almost right away, and he's much better at offering behaviours. I tried luring the sit pretty with him and I don't think he was getting it, but once I switched to shaping it he was like "OH I see we're doing a trick. I gets it!" I've tried luring other things with him before and he's like "I don't know why you're flailing that treat around you big weirdo." He doesn't understand a lure LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsi View Post
Beanie - was that Payton throwing the toy? Lol, so funny! Whoever was featured at 2.42 is looking wonderful (I'm so sorry I can't tell your dogs apart yet ) That's Miss Pepper at the end - looking gorgeous! And love the next video as well - really good progress!
No that was Auggie throwing the toy at me, LOL. Nobody believes me when I say Auggie is a jerk... he really is. This is the same dog who will kick me in the face in the middle of the night if I'm sleeping too close. Jerk.
P is the one at 2:42! He is a pretty good boy sometimes.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Probably the last one of the boys what with the holiday:

I still need a word for Payton's left spin. I tried to name them ages ago when he was still on the pivot and just ended up not finding it important to have them named... now I wish I had, haha.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I've been working on this with Cricket and Joey but my video recorder wont freaking charge for some reason so I haven't had a chance to video the progress.

With Cricket I'm shaping it... it's really frustrating me to not lure it though for some reason. She is catching on though. I did teach her spin when she was really little, but we haven't done it in SOOOOOOO long that she seemed to have forgotten the cue for it. Once she realized what I was trying to shape her to do she was like, "oh YA I remember this!!!"

Now Joey... omg I can't shape him into it at all. He has absolutely NO patience for shaping... even when I upped the reward to beef liver. All he wanted to do was just sit and stare at me. I gave up on trying to shape it and decided to try luring him and that worked. He does spin when I say spin now, but he is so slow. I'm going to try to build him up to spinning a little faster and doing more spins for rewards.

I'll try to get video as soon as I can.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

http://youtu.be/OrP9RvooQC8

Now with added treating in position!

(I can't freaking figure out how to embed and I know it's some step I have to do because I've seen it suggested to other members but I'm too lazy to look.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Today was Day 1 for us. Kiba already knows this so decided to do Stryder and the poodles since Charlie doesn't need Spin added to her repertoire quite yet.

Stryder, omg took to it awesomely. We've really been meshing well recently. Often when we try anything I just want to meet his face in while he roo roos at me lol. Day 1 went good, next session I want to work with him keeping his feet on the ground.

Tsuki, my new shining star. Getting it perfect. When I started she started offering the "beg" position, and then tried standing up and spinning/dancing when I tried to have her spin with me standing up. So we'll work on that next as well.

Lincoln, not so sure we'll do this one with him. I tried luring.. but he doesn't like his head being touched and I think he is being hand shy and backing away. I'll try again with him next time with more nummy stuff to lure, or just, do something different.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Twin 1

Everyone is looking really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
(I can't freaking figure out how to embed and I know it's some step I have to do because I've seen it suggested to other members but I'm too lazy to look.
When you click the link and go to the video, look right under the video. Click Share. Then click Embed. Then copy and paste the code that comes up.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Here are my cell phone videos... I apologize for the quality, I am hoping to have the good camera videos up and running soon The lighting was bad, and I couldn't juggle the phone and the clicker and the treats at the same time haha

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 11-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Twin 1

They both look great!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:33 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Spin use to be Victor's most favorite trick of all. He could do it over and over the whole length of the hallway at the guild (which was the length of the building) and come right back from the opposite direction. After he broke his back toe climbing a tree, he could still spin, but occasionally he would let out a yelp so we let it go. He was down right a tornado and it's a blasted shame. I never should have let him climb trees, if I could go back and undo it I would. The vet said he was a young dog and they heal right up and not to worry about it, but it didn't. IT is only during a tight turn, either running and cutting fast, or this trick but when it does happen, it seems to hurt him a great deal. I wish you could have seen him tho, he was awesome.It's a really fun trick to learn, everyone here that has posted a video looks great.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,