Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Owned by Belgians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
OH! And if it helps, this is what Doctor Who is about (found it on Reddit):

Yes...That!!!

My first doctor was #4, Tom Baker, and he will always be my favorite.

But If you start with the new doctors, the 9th doctor is the first "new" doctor, you should enjoy those.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Top Dog

The Doctor is not immortal. He can generlly regenerate, but only a finite number of times. Some things kill him too quickly to regenerate (such as a direct blast from a Dalek), and if he gets killed during the regeneration process he's really dead. Anesthesia suppresses regeneration and there have been times the regeneration itself has nearly killed him...it's a "dodgy" process, in his own words. The Doctor also seems to be particularly bad at regenerating when compared to other timelords.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Top Dog

Oh, Netflix has many of the old ones as well as most of the new ones. You usually have to search for the old serials by name. There used to be an average of 4 half hour episodes per serial, sometime as little as two up to a maximum of 8 or 10. Most of the serials from the first nd especially second Doctors aare completely lost thanks to the BBC's havit of trashing tapes after they air back then. I think most if not all of the audio has been salvaged, though.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

My favorite part is now skipping around watching 9 10 and 11 in random order. I catch SO MUCH more than I did the first time, and there are some episodes I've now seen 5 or 6+ times.

Usually I watch 10 and 11. 9 I love to death, but he really is a rather darker doctor. 10 for sure has his moments though, and there are some episodes of 10 I don't really want to watch again because he's so dark in them.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I catch SO MUCH more than I did the first time
Oh, definitely! There's SO much in every episode it's impossible to catch it all the first time around. Even now, after watching many of the classics, I find more things I never noticed. I just watched Stolen Earth/Journey's End (again) and that's one that until you watch Torchwood AND the Sarah Jane Adventures AND some of the classics (at the very least Genesis of the Daleks) you can't fully understand it all.

I personally love the dark, dark episodes. That's why I like Torchwood so much. The darker the better. Don't get me wrong, light-hearted episodes are great fun. But there is very little tv-wise that makes me cry, and some nights I WANT to just watch Doctor Who or Torchwood and cry.

I'm currently about halfway through Leela's run as a companion in the classics. I love her.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I just finished season 9, I liked the doctor, I'm sad he's gone I almost don't want to keep watching, I don't like change

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:55 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I just finished season 9, I liked the doctor, I'm sad he's gone I almost don't want to keep watching, I don't like change
I know. It gets better. I totally felt the EXACT same way.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
That will happen when you get finished with 10, too. Even more so in my case. Out of the three newest ones, 10 is my favorite, but I LOVED 9 too. 11 has really grown on me, but right about now I'm hoping he regenerates at the end of this season. Too many seasons of the same Doctor (and the same Companions, that can't have helped). Yes, tom Baker did 7 years, but apparently he overstayed his welcome, too.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

I really don't want 11 to go. Like seriously. He can't live forever, 11 has to stick around longer.

10 is definitely my favorite doctor.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:56 AM
Top Dog

Well, he can regenerate 507 times. Or something

Traditionally there can be 13 incarnations. BUT there have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many ways to get around that rule, and that's just since the reboot. The Master figured it out. The Doctor can too. I personally think a particular thing that happened in the middle of series 6 has a LOT to do with getting around that limit.