Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-29-2006, 06:43 PM
Doggish.Obsession's Avatar
Doggish.Obsession Doggish.Obsession is offline
Bombed To-Be Puppy Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In front of the computer
Posts: 109
Default What dog food for puppies do you think is best?

Just a questoin because all I do know is wait for Feburary the 28. (I get my puppies then)

So.....

What puppy food do you think is best?
Which one do you recommend? (I'm getting two maltese puppies that will be 40 days old.)
__________________

One black morning
When this life is over
I know, I'll see your face.
I'm Sorry.
Janga RIP Jan 22 2006


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Saje Saje is offline
Island dweller
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 23,932
Default

Make sure you don't get your pups before 8 weeks. However many days that is....

Innova is a great food. Canidae. NaturalBalance. Eagle Pack...

Mordy's got a great site www.mordanna.com/dogfood
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Doggish.Obsession's Avatar
Doggish.Obsession Doggish.Obsession is offline
Bombed To-Be Puppy Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In front of the computer
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
Make sure you don't get your pups before 8 weeks. However many days that is....

Innova is a great food. Canidae. NaturalBalance. Eagle Pack...

Mordy's got a great site www.mordanna.com/dogfood
Why? The lady who owns the female that has the pups said she's... ACtually, she didnt say anything. *blinks*

But at least forty days. Thats the minimum right?

8 weeks is 56 days. Not a HUGE difference is there?
__________________

One black morning
When this life is over
I know, I'll see your face.
I'm Sorry.
Janga RIP Jan 22 2006


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Saje Saje is offline
Island dweller
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 23,932
Default

Yes, the puppies learn a lot from their mom during that period. Like bite inhibition. They SHOULD be getting a lot of schooling from the breeder as well. If it's a good breeder.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Doggish.Obsession's Avatar
Doggish.Obsession Doggish.Obsession is offline
Bombed To-Be Puppy Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In front of the computer
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
Yes, the puppies learn a lot from their mom during that period. Like bite inhibition. They SHOULD be getting a lot of schooling from the breeder as well. If it's a good breeder.


Lol The breeder isnt good. The breeder doesnt even know how to help the female give birth! (LOL) I know its not a laughing matter but...

'Cause all we did was let my dog mate, and then POOF! Puppies!

__________________

One black morning
When this life is over
I know, I'll see your face.
I'm Sorry.
Janga RIP Jan 22 2006


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Saje Saje is offline
Island dweller
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 23,932
Default

That's really too bad. You'll probably have even more work. I hope you spay/neuter these pups. You're not paying for them are you? if you are, don't. You will only encourage the breeder to keep doing what she's doing.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Doggish.Obsession's Avatar
Doggish.Obsession Doggish.Obsession is offline
Bombed To-Be Puppy Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In front of the computer
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
That's really too bad. You'll probably have even more work. I hope you spay/neuter these pups. You're not paying for them are you? if you are, don't. You will only encourage the breeder to keep doing what she's doing.
Nonono I think I'm leading you to think she's some horrible woman. No. Its just that my parents own a store, and one day, as a customer, she came and my dog just mounted her and on that spot they got married. *blinks*

Heh... Heh....
__________________

One black morning
When this life is over
I know, I'll see your face.
I'm Sorry.
Janga RIP Jan 22 2006


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Saje Saje is offline
Island dweller
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 23,932
Default

She may be nice but letting unaltered dogs have contact with each other is very irresponsible. That's why millions of dogs get put to sleep each year. It's very sad.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Fran27 Fran27 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 10,223
Default

Either way, 40 days is way too early, plus if you get two they are more likely to bond to each other and not you. You'll have to spend lots of time with each of them and seperate them at night. But first thing, tell her she needs to wait 8 weeks before giving the puppies!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Doggish.Obsession's Avatar
Doggish.Obsession Doggish.Obsession is offline
Bombed To-Be Puppy Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In front of the computer
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27
Either way, 40 days is way too early, plus if you get two they are more likely to bond to each other and not you. You'll have to spend lots of time with each of them and seperate them at night. But first thing, tell her she needs to wait 8 weeks before giving the puppies!
B-b-but.....

I'll Proabably POP A FRIGGING BLOOD VESSEL BY THEN!

__________________

One black morning
When this life is over
I know, I'll see your face.
I'm Sorry.
Janga RIP Jan 22 2006


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site