Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 01-30-2006, 10:21 PM
just call me Nilly

I just don't like the *look* of her newfs... they look like big black Goldens to me... The head doesn't look... "newfie" to me. But maybe I'm just being picky

This is the breeder I'll one day get a Newf from. Her website is kinda... bare bones lol, but Payton is the love of my life!

http://www.summerfordnewfoundlands.com/US.html
Old 01-30-2006, 10:43 PM
BlackDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar
I just don't like the *look* of her newfs... they look like big black Goldens to me... The head doesn't look... "newfie" to me. But maybe I'm just being picky

This is the breeder I'll one day get a Newf from. Her website is kinda... bare bones lol, but Payton is the love of my life!

http://www.summerfordnewfoundlands.com/US.html
I like the look of newfies. They look like big furry black teddy bears.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:45 PM
just call me Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog
I like the look of newfies. They look like big furry black teddy bears.
Agreed They're my favourite breed ever! But I like it to look like a newfie, not an overgrown black Golden Retriever And it's funny, because I don't really care what a dog usually looks like, as long as they're cuddly and lovey! lol
Old 01-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Top Dog

They look nice but I don't know, it seems they're producing lots of puppies at first look, and all those kennels worry me. How many litters do they have a year? (talking about Vanilla's breeder).
Old 01-30-2006, 11:01 PM
just call me Nilly

Not many to my knowledge... I know she doesn't breed for quantity that's for sure! To my knowledge she had two litters last year, but I'll ask her when I talk to her next. I know she takes excellent care of her dogs, takes great pride in their health and lines (and temperment!), and is really trying to produce the best Newfies possible.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Puppy Dog

$1000 for a Newfie is not bad AT ALL! I have a client that saved for 3 years before they were able to afford Murphey. Not only saving for his purchase price, but also putting money aside to have him groomed on a regular basis and to get him the best vet care. he is one of the most incrediable dogs that I groom, such a doll to work with, and his parents are the same way. One of my favorites!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:29 PM
Top Dog

Yeah $1000 isn't much, but I saw $2100 on their site, $1000 was just the deposit...
Old 01-31-2006, 12:07 AM
Top Dog

Personally , I still feel that anyone that has to advertize on the internet is not into it for the breed but for the $$$ or ego !!! You may have a new breeder who puts up a great website....I could have many years ago....luckily that wasn't my cause. Please !!! If they have more litters than one a year , it's a red flag !!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 01-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Top Dog

I disagree about the website breeders being in only for the money Bubbatd. For one, I'm one of those people who love making websites about things I love (although I haven't in a while), so I can totally understand why they would make a website for the dogs they have a passion for. After that, it depends a lot, but I agree that a breeder focussing on the puppies in their website and/or having litters available is a bad sign. I've seen plenty of websites that mention that they occasionally have puppies for sale or that their next litter is spoken for though.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:32 AM
Top Dog

Fran... I meant the ones that have so many to sell.