Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
I thought about this one but the price is a little steep and for what she does the straps are a bit iffy. I need this one to last more than a couple months.
http://www.sportsauthority.com/large...11626754dt.jpg

Maybe I will compile a list and let her choose. No one says it has to be a surprise.
I always got my practice suits on clearance at sports authority here in town. I'd get a speedo like that for like $30. I MUCH prefer the thinner straps. The thicker ones drive me totally nuts.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:38 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

. Then thinner it is. I know she would flip over the first one with the stars, since this is her thing I want her to have one that pleases her, I thought the thicker ones would be more comfortable but if the thinner ones are than that is a good tip. SHe's a big girl for 12, bigger than me, I am narrow in the shoulders and everything is forever sliding off, she is not. She is at a very difficult in between age to try to find something that is appropriate, at least we both agree on no plunging or high cut, that hasn't entered the picture yet. She just needs something comfortable and long lasting that will take 3 or 4 times a week wear.

I don't know anything about this so I am really grateful for advice from people that do.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Top Dog

Haha, at 12 I was the height I am now (5'7") and that was when I got my first two piece. It was a sports bra type top and totally A-okay as far as coverage regular bikini bottom. The sales lady said a lot of swimmer used that type for practice. I still had it when I started swim team in college and only replaced it when the bottom got too stretched out from using the suit dryer thingy in the locker room.

The stars should do just great. Its way easier to train in a one piece.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
She takes breaks does summer saults come back, plays in the river, comes back, all I know is it is helping relieve her stress and anxiety, giving her a place where she gets praise from the adults around her (a swim coach from the high school was the one that gave her the goal of 200 saying that was what her kids did as a warm up so Hyia made it her goal) and it gives me a break from her, I love her, but it's a small apt and we need some space too. Our Y has a lazy river, that she loves, a water park in the summer, a great slide inside, and a lovely track upstairs. THere is a 0 on out grade for small children with water jets too. The first time I took my grandson as soon as he saw that his hesitation was gone. After our first summer there he was all over that pool. He still won't part with the vest to take the test, even tho I tell him he doesnt' need it, but when he is ready he will. THere is no pressure from me. I just want him to have fun.

Hyia is developing a pretty good set of lungs with all her underwater swimming, she loves that best. THe girl should have been a seal.

I personally turn blue. THat water maybe 80 degrees and warm for everyone else, but I freeze. IT's the hot sauna for me. don't really like getting wet and cold. Notice little children's lips turn blue too if they are in too long. Doesnt' seem to bother Hyia a bit.
That sounds fantastic! She has a lot of fun things to do and lots of exercise. You're such a good Gran to provide all that for her. And of course...everyone needs a break from kids, no matter how great they are. Everyone needs a little alone time. It sounds like a really good thing she's doing.

80 degrees is pretty typical for a pool. When you compare it to our normal temp of 98.6 (or so) it's not all that warm. Of course, when you're swimming hard, it does sometimes feel a little tad bit too warm. Kids are so tough against cold. As a kid, I use to swim in Puget Sound by the hour. It's some of the coldest water anywhere. lol.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-15-2012, 07:21 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

http://www.swimmerschoice.com/dolfin/uglies-v-2-back/
these are the ones she has chosen and is very excited. SHe has it down to a couple, as soon as she makes up her mind I will order. They look like fun to me too and suit her personality perfectly.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Felurian

Those look good and the colors and patterns do fit Hyia's personality.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-16-2012, 02:19 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Aren't they fun? ALmost makes me want to get in the water. I do not like cool water at all.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Top Dog

Perfect for her! Glad she found some she likes. They're cute!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-16-2012, 04:54 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I called the company with a question about size. THey gave me a heads up that On Thanksgiving through the following Monday they will be on sale so she might just get a couple. SHe wants the speedo jacket too so that will be fine for her birthday. Yay..mission accomplished, and she is happy. I think they are cute too. I am absolutely no good at spending money and afraid of making mistakes I can't afford so thanks for all the help.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!