Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Big Dog

Baxter never smells. Even when he looks like he needs a bath he still doesn't smell.

Rocky can get pretty stinky if he doesn't get bathed regularly. He can go about 3 months without really needing a bath. He had cruciate surgery last month and after that he got horribly smelly (like worse than he's ever smelled). Usually just a bath will get rid of the smell but he's been bathed and the smell is still there but more bearable.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Top Dog

Dance doesn't. I mean, she's not odourless, but I don't find how she smells offensive at all. And I can only smell her if she's cuddling with me. She smells very mild and not really doggy or anything... just a Dance smell, haha. I like the way she smells. Except for her breath - that's always been bad.

The Dobermans do smell. Right now it's because they're still battling a bit of a yeasty skin problem, but Ripley's always had a more doggy smell about him. Keira never used to smell like anything at all, though. Maybe mildly of fritos when she's sleeping, but otherwise you couldn't really smell her. I look forward to the day that happens again.

All of my dogs are bathed regularly too as I don't like having smelly dogs at all.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 11-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Top Dog

Gavroche will get a slight doggy smell after several months without a bath - but that doesn't happen often. I suppose Logan would too, but he never goes that long without a bath. But just being here, no, they don't stink.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Shamoo's breath stinks but she's old and her teeth are getting nasty. Plus I think she ate some poop from when she went in her crate a few days ago.

The rest, no.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Puppy Dog

The only thing that really stinks about my dogs, is Simba's breath! We haven't figured out a solution yet.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:20 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

No my dogs smell "doggy" but good "doggy" not "bad" doggy & I think that it has something to do with what they eat, there was this dog T the place I used to work at that dog pedigree & she smelled horrible. But no unless they roll in poop or something or get skunked then no they do not smell, & it's been at least a year since any of them have had a bath, they just plain don't need it.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Squishy face

Daisy smells, but that's because of the constant ear issues and skin issues she deals with, poor dog. She'd be a lot worse if she wasn't fed raw, I think. Rocky doesn't smell. Benji never smelled either, unless his beard got too dirty. Miles doesn't stink except his breath. We really need to get him a dentabone.

At work, a lot of the dogs that smell are basset hounds. Usually because they almost always have moist, stinky ears. There is one dog named Coco who is a shih tzu and looks 14 even though her cage card says she's only 8 or something. She has no teeth, her fur is always greasy and nasty unless she's just had a bath, her nose is weird and crusty, and she's just a hideous, disgusting animal. But I like her though, I call her my "little abomination". It's not Coco's fault she has horrible genetics!

Other than that, I haven't really noticed dogs being smelly, except for the ones who like to poop and pee themselves.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Top Dog

Buddy stinks. But she's nearly 13. Her smell is her mouth/teeth. She is a pitbull mix but had most of her teeth extracted due to resorptive lesions (srsly.) and the ones that are left are in terrible shape. Unfortunately, I can't put her out any more or even sedate her so we just have to live with them. Now her lip sags and folds and yeast collects there and between her yucky teeth and her yeasty jowls, its a mess.

But I love her, stink or no stink.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:39 PM
orange iguanas.

No! I have my face buried in Juno all the time and smell nothing. Her feet smell like grass though lol.

Lucy doesn't either which surprises me because I tend to think most dogs with her fur type are stinky.

I don't like stinky dogs and I don't like feeling like I need to take a shower after touching a dog because they are greasy or something.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Top Dog

Neither of them do unless they have rolled in something. It's been months since their last bath - I've been a bit slack lol. Yes, they do get wet dog smell.