Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Animal Lover

Want:

- I want an APBT, the dog doesn't have to be a puppy.

Don't want:

- It's just not the right time and I don't want two DA dogs since Buster has some DA especially since I want another male. It will be the right time some day.
- It wouldn't be fair to my crew, especially Buster since he's old and deserves to be the king of the house that he is. Plus, Dixie is pretty young still and I don't think my cats would appreciate another dog right now and I certainly don't want to stress them out.
- Plus, I have a house full already that I am truly happy with enjoying them.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Duuuuude.

Want:

- Rowan does much better with a companion. It helps his anxiety & he's just happier in general. There was always another dog around for our first 3 years together, either my old dog Lucky or my old roommate's dog, and now that he's been alone for the past year, I've seen a marked difference.
- I've always considered myself a multi-dog person, I just haven't been able to get another since Lucky died.
- 2x the cuddles and fun!
- I just want another dog, lol.

Do not want:

- I worry that Rowan will be jealous because I'll have to divide my attention between 2 dogs. He did just fine with Lucky, but then, Lucky was there before he was, so he never knew any different.

The only DNW point can definitely be worked with, so we'll be adding somewhat soon

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 11-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Allons-y!

Want:
I irrationally want a puppy, because I'm at college now and seriously missing my dogs.

Don't Want:
I live in a dorm. Small problem #1.
I have three young dogs at home.

Emily &:
Aurai Treasure Island - "Simon"
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Top Dog

Right now I really want a dog, preferably I want Tucker. Because not living with a dog when dogs are your whole world is seriously depressing. I cannot live with Tucker because I'm living in a college dorm. Having him here would make life so much better though. It's like the conversation I had with dad on my way back to school one time after being home on vacation. He asked if I was enjoying college, I said not really (which he already knew), he asked what would need to happen for me to enjoy myself, I said "a dog", he said "oh....well that's unfortunate". Yup.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

DO WANT
-Tyler and I are financially stable.
-We own our own home.
-Teagan is very visibly lonely since Mitsu died, and she needs a companion.
-We bought a crew cab truck for the purpose for a large dog and Teagans kennel to sit in the back.
- The house just feels empty since Mitsu died.
- I am used to at least a two dog house hold.
- I would feel a lot less lonely and safer with a large mastiff with my when I am home alone and when we go hiking and bush camping.
- We have the time and energy to train a puppy.
- Teagan is at a good age to add another puppy.
- Tyler and his friends hunts now so we are able to feed a good amount of raw.
- Tyler is totally 100% on board with puppy. I sware sometimes he is more excited that I am.
DONT
- I can't think of any

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff

Last edited by HayleyMarie; 11-15-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:42 AM
& the Muttly Crew

WANT:
I do not even going to think about this category because...

DON'T WANT:
- Already have a temporary puppy
- If we bring home a puppy then we cannot keep a Mirapup if those plans come to fruition

That second one pretty much trumps or dwarfs any and all "Wants/Don't Wants."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
DO WANT
-Tyler and I are financially stable.
-We own our own home.
-Teagan is very visibly lonely since Mitsu died, and she needs a companion.
-We bought a crew cab truck for the purpose for a large dog and Teagans kennel to sit in the back.
- The house just feels empty since Mitsu died.
- I am used to at least a two dog house hold.
- I would feel a lot less lonely and safer with a large mastiff with my when I am home alone and when we go hiking and bush camping.
- We have the time and energy to train a puppy.
- Teagan is at a good age to add another puppy.
- Tyler and his friends hunts now so we are able to feed a good amount of raw.
- Tyler is totally 100% on board with puppy. I sware sometimes he is more excited that I am.
DONT
- I can't think of any
So when does the new addition arrive?

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 11-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Are you dead yet?

I do not for several reasons, the top ones being:

1.) Cost. We're super poor.
2.) More pets = more complicated.
3.) Possible difficulty integrating a third dog in with our two.
4.) Time. I barely feel like I spend time with my current dog.
5.) ****ing dog hair everywhere. Seriously hate it. Love my dogs, hate their hair.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Bored Now.

Want: I want a large fluffy dog that DOES NOT SHED. Or drool. Well, I'm not too particular on the drool, but the SO is very opinionated on the topic. If my next dog is a shedder, it will have an Aussie/Golden/Collie type coat - I just can't stand the short hair everywhere.

Company for Middie?

Don't Want: $$$$$ - So many better things I can be spending my money on right now.

Time - I barely have time to exercise myself. Or study. I do NOT have time for a second dog. I make time for Middie but he only lives with me half the week and he's turned into a dog that will sleep all day, go on a walk or play ball when I get home from work, and go back to sleep or the evening.

Leash training - we've made some serious leaps in LLW lately, and I will shoot myself in the face if I have to leash train another dog.

Time. Did I mention time? Do not haz.

I don't have a car big enough to fit two dogs in.

Over all, a second dog is not happening. . . I had this great idea that I would foster, but in reality that will not work out.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Lab Love

Want:
- Two dogs is the best number, imho.
- I need a female dog amongst the boys.
- Get the high drive dog I wanted.
- Duke enjoys the company of other dogs he knows well, and he's always happy with his buddies around.
- I love puppies.
- I want to experience raising a puppy to full grown dog, from all the training and shaping aspects.

Don't want:
- I'm busy busy busy. Dog sitting makes me realize it. When I have to walk dogs before work, and come straight home after, no 10hr shifts, it delays everything.
- I pretty much already have a second dog, Boomer, and he needs to factor in as well.
- Not sure if Duke will bond the same to another dog like he has Boomer, which is what I want.
- Money
- Don't know if I can adjust to spoiling another dog like I do Duke and Boomer.
- Duke still has a good potential sports career ahead of him, if I would just start him in classes. For what I need, realistically, he's all the dog I need. Even if he isn't high octane.

In time, my puppy will come. I'll have to re-evaluate in a couple years!

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 11-15-2012, 11:33 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy24 View Post
Right now I really want a dog, preferably I want Tucker. Because not living with a dog when dogs are your whole world is seriously depressing. I cannot live with Tucker because I'm living in a college dorm. Having him here would make life so much better though. It's like the conversation I had with dad on my way back to school one time after being home on vacation. He asked if I was enjoying college, I said not really (which he already knew), he asked what would need to happen for me to enjoy myself, I said "a dog", he said "oh....well that's unfortunate". Yup.
I uses to have 3 dogs but my folks stole my JRT bear & they have all but made it quite clear that I can never have him back LMBO because he was the one perfect puppy/ dog I had (or **** close to it) which is why I never got another Russell bc I know they can be bastards & I was so afraid of getting a ******* LMBO so I got an ACD & she was a HUGE PITA for 2 yrs but she repaid my stresses tenfold with many good years of being my best & at some dark times my only friend.