Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Top Dog

Do not want another because:
-Would take away time from Lucy
-Added expenses of boarding 2 dogs when we travel
-Lucy is insanely high energy still (at 9!) and I don't want to add more exercise requirements to the mix
-Easier to bring one dog with us when we visit family; 2 would not be welcome
-Husband does not under any circumstances ever want 2 dogs in the house
-Don't enjoy the craziness of multi dog households

Want another because:
-I want a dog I could travel with (airplane carry on sized)
-I want a dog who is "easy" to do agility with. Lucy is hard, and despite making TONSSSS of progress, we never look "good" to anyone else, and it's frustrating. I'm so proud of my goober and how much we've improved together, but I'm insanely jealous of the klutzy handlers who have no idea what they're doing, barely move on the course, make their dogs repeat obstacles 5x, and still have focused, Q-earning runs. That's a selfish wish though, and I won't get another dog because Lucy isn't "good enough". She may never get the titles I wish she could have, but she's mine and I will do right by her.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:47 AM
such sights to show you

Do not want. Pip and Squash have had some struggles, and I still have to do some gating/separating and rotating in the house. I think adding another dog into the mix would be very difficult for Pip. Three is pretty much my limit anyway.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Sport Model Pug

I want another because Izzie is 4 and I want a puppy before she gets too much older. She's at a point in her training where she doesn't need to be taught much more, just needs some polishing and proofing. She does better with short training sessions broken up with me working another dog so if I had another I could split time up. Izzie gets jealous when I work other dogs too so if I had another to work then it would spark her desire more.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 11-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Top Dog

Want:

Do not want:
money
training time
Elsie just turned two and I don't want another puppy specifically
I like spending time with just Elsie
just don't want one, lol
Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Top Dog

Want: I dream of having a new puppy or young adult Poodle (probably) to try a new breed...one I've been very interested in for a long time. A new "project" and possibly get back into agility. My two Chi's aren't agility material, with Jose`'s bad knees and Chuli is just plain getting too old, half blind and she's happy being a couch potato most of the time. Jose`, though getting old (10) is still able to be to pretty active for walks and such.

Don't want: because two dogs is my sworn limit. I don't want the extra work on the one hand, not as active lately with dogs....but on the other, a new pup to work with appeals to me. Two opposite feelings with that aspect.

Also, harder to travel or go stay at family members' houses... especially when one is a puppy. Two easy and tiny dogs is a piece of cake. Three.....ummm, no.

My son's dog is here almost every day. So, it's like I have 3 dogs anyhow. LOL. She's quite intense and sometimes has issues with other dogs. It would be a lot of work to supervise and to have to be on guard all the time with her. She's great with the Chi's, having lived with them for a year or so and known them for a long time. But a new dog could be questionable. And I'm really not into the crate and rotate business or having to be so watchful. It would be too nerve wracking.

So, until at least one of the Chi's is gone, I don't think so. And even then, not so sure. I'm getting old too and it may not be a wise idea to get another. Plus, I'm not in a hurry to have them gone. I adore them and they're super easy.

But I do think about a Poodle puppy often. What a conundrum.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Want:
-would like a bigger dog with some deterrent factor, being a young single woman
-Feel nice and set with both my girls - Macky and I are old pros, Keeva and I have FINALLY found our working groove
-Want a big manly man cuddle dog
-doesn't help that I already have pretty solid plans, including litter and rough time frame, as long as all the doggies involved cooperate
-both my dogs work better if I make them watch me work another dog. Why not add 3rd into the rotation?

Do not want/cannot have:
-well, cannot have while still in this apt. I mean, I COULD according to my lease but I'm not really set up for it the way I'd like to be and Balto would hate having a man puppy around
-entry fees/class prices *cries* Already can't afford to take both girls to agility class.
-there's always the chance of messing up the good thing you've got going

I'm definitely jonesing for another pup, but I'm ok with waiting until the time is right.

ETA: Oh yeah and I guess boarding and stuff, but I'm young and poor and I don't really travel. If I did, Keeva would be fine staying at my work as long as she didn't come into season. I don't know how my boss would feel about an intact male though, lol. But, it's not really a big deal for me since I don't travel a whole lot right now. If I do, I take the dogs.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Want: I want a Sloan clone or another small perfect female to sport with.

Do not want: We're in an apartment, trying to buy a second house, it's rough enough trying to be sure our kids get enough each right now. Also, Backup doesn't like other dogs and money is an issue until we find a house.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Don't want anymore dogs right now as I'm still trying to find money to do stuff with the ones I've got. *Though* I wouldn't say no to another pet dog, but would never in my mind go and find another one. lol
Old 11-13-2012, 11:15 AM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Want:
I want a female Bubby puppy to do agility/sports with that I could raise knowing all that I know now

Do not want:
Just started a full time job
Saving more money would be nice
Need to focus on Kimma's agility career/Pentti's therapy work/Bubbles' conformation showing/T's training
Need more space in my house - a dog room would be ideal, but that won't happen until Nika is no longer with us (yes, the baby ferret gets her own room) and that's NEVER going to happen so therefore no dog room

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 20 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)
Old 11-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Want because:
I love puppies. I was ready for another puppy once Payton was about eight months old LOL. Even difficult puppies like Auggie are not really that rough for me.
Payton will need a playmate at some point, anticipating Auggie getting old and not wanting to play and Pepper being Pepper.
Also with Auggie retired from agility, and again, Pepper being Pepper and all of my doubts with her, that leaves me with just Pay as the agility dog. I like the idea of having more than one - a dog who's older and more seasoned and then a younger dog.

Do not want:
Payton isn't at that "older and more seasoned" stage yet.
Auggie is still playing with Payton just fine, so he doesn't need his replacement friend yet.

So I do want another but the timing isn't right. I'm not at that stage of "NEED ANOTHER DOG" like I was before getting Payton. Even when I had Pepper here, I was still thinking of adding a third because she is how she is. Don't get me wrong, I love her and she is here to stay, but I wanted a dog to compete with and I have serious doubts about her potential as a competition dog.
But now Payton is here and I'm good for a while. He's plenty of dog for me, bless his heart. I think in a year or two it will be time to start looking for the next one since I am so picky and will more than likely have to get on a waiting list, unless we decide to breed HIM in which case we will just be looking for the right bitch to plan a breeding. I'm hoping to push it to Payton being four so we're looking three more years out here. That will put me up to four for a while, then I will eventually be back down to three and kinda hope to keep it at three... we'll see.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog