Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-27-2012, 12:23 AM
aka RedHotBabe

WHAT?? I LOVE rooibos! Easily my favorite, lol.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:36 AM
Top Dog

I drink tea every night! Chamomile with a dash of sugar, honey and coffee creamer
Old 12-27-2012, 04:39 AM
Top Dog

Has anyone had this stuff?
http://www.celestialseasonings.com/p...eepytime-extra

Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) (flowers) 600mg
Tilia estella (Ternstroemia pringlei) (flowers) 160mg
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) (root) 25mg

I drank two cups and it knocked me out for 24 hours
Old 12-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Bored Now.

Rooibos is awesome - especially vanilla.

Have you tried a black/rooibos blend with vanilla or chocolate flavoring? That would probably be a good introduction.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Resident fainting goat

This is all so unfair! I love everything about tea.. I love the little tea sets, I love tea time dresses, I love tea snacks, I love pretty tea cups, I love the idea of tea, the smell, I love pretending to have a british accent when I drink it..

Why do I hate tea?! I want to like it so bad!!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
This is all so unfair! I love everything about tea.. I love the little tea sets, I love tea time dresses, I love tea snacks, I love pretty tea cups, I love the idea of tea, the smell, I love pretending to have a british accent when I drink it..

Why do I hate tea?! I want to like it so bad!!
Maybe you just haven't found the right tea? I don't like rooibos or oolong, and white and green are just tolerable. I really LOVE most black teas and herbal teas. The concept of not liking ANY tea really just baffles me, because they all taste so different.

Also, I'm no longer a fan of bagged tea. Tea was always really bitter, and I figured that was just part of being tea, just like part of being coffee. Turns out properly brewed whole-leaf tea is rarely bitter, and can be a bit sweet even without adding sugar.

What fruits do you like? A good starting place would be to try an herbal tea made with your favorite fruit(s), then going to flavored teas with your favorite fruit. I LOVE Adagio's Blood Orange tea. Also, try it plain, try it with just sugar or honey, try it with just milk, try it with milk and sugar/honey, and see how you like it.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:16 AM
Active Pup

Chuc cuoi tuan vui ve va nam moi hanh phuc.
Tiep tuc dong gop cho dien dan cua chung toi nhe.
Than men
Old 12-28-2012, 07:56 AM
aka RedHotBabe

I used to think I hated tea, too. I actually had just never tried a tea that I liked. There are so many and they're all so different, I just had no idea they all existed. Any time I was offered tea, it was always black tea, so I had no idea there were other varieties. I'm not a huge fan of black, but I love rooibos and herbal. Hibiscus is my current favorite. Vanilla rooibos with cream and sugar will always be one of my absolute favorites.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Maybe you just haven't found the right tea? I don't like rooibos or oolong, and white and green are just tolerable. I really LOVE most black teas and herbal teas. The concept of not liking ANY tea really just baffles me, because they all taste so different.

Also, I'm no longer a fan of bagged tea. Tea was always really bitter, and I figured that was just part of being tea, just like part of being coffee. Turns out properly brewed whole-leaf tea is rarely bitter, and can be a bit sweet even without adding sugar.

What fruits do you like? A good starting place would be to try an herbal tea made with your favorite fruit(s), then going to flavored teas with your favorite fruit. I LOVE Adagio's Blood Orange tea. Also, try it plain, try it with just sugar or honey, try it with just milk, try it with milk and sugar/honey, and see how you like it.
Pretty much this I used to think I HATED tea turns out I just hate southern sweet tea unless its mixed with fresh lemonade. And Most bagged tea I cant stomach other then Herbal. And Ill take your unwanted rooibos!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:09 AM
Top Dog

ALL MY TEAS!

http://imgur.com/a/TSpMk

Actually, only the loose teas. I still have some bagged tea.

Eventually I will review each one on my blog, complete with a picture of the loose tea and the brewed tea. The loose tea picture are out of the way now until my next shipment comes in - I'm getting decaf vanilla, honeybush vanilla, white tangerine, and honeybush hazelnut from Adagio for free with my Frequent Cup points Turns out I like honeybush, but I don't like redbush/rooibos.

(edited to fix link)

Last edited by Saeleofu; 12-30-2012 at 02:25 AM.