Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Top Dog

Smile It's Tea Time

I know we've had a thread about tea before, but I just was pondering more about it as I thought about making a cup soon.

All through history, it seems, tea has always been the thing to drink when you're sad, disappointed, having just had a particularly stressful moment, when you're tired, when you're not tired, when you're chilled to the bone, when you're sick with the flu or a cold. People drink it when they can't think of anything else to drink. And they drink it as a first choice. Not only all that, but it just plain tastes so good and really does have a medicinal effect...lots of anti-oxidants and other good things. It's the perfect thing to make when you want to show sympathy toward someone or make something better. "Oh dear me honey, let me make you a cup of tea." It's used as a ritual type thing. Where ever did this come from?

I know I love tea. I'll make myself ice tea in summer and hot tea in winter, sometimes visa-versa. A cup at around 4:00 pm is the perfect pick-me-up. I have a cup or two after dinner often. I prefer black tea, Earl Grey specifically. That bergemot is heavenly. But some of the others are yummy too. Orange, ginger, cloves, and other spices can really make it interesting.

Is it tea time yet where you live? What kind are you going to enjoy?

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Doberluv; 11-12-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Top Dog

I've gotten DH into a minty or fruity type of tea right before bed. At first he just had it because I was having tea, but now he'll go get himself a cup every night. He sweetens his with sugar.

I'll have a cup of black tea(Earl Grey, Awake by Tao, or just plain whatever black tea) anytime I want coffee, but it's too late or my stomach can't handle the acidity. I'm not fond of overly fruity teas, but I like green tea and chamomile and Chai and pretty much anything and everything. I sweeten mine with honey, mostly, but with Chai I'll warm up some milk and honey.

I'm a bit of a tea and coffee nut.

I used to drink cold sweet tea more often, but not in the last year or so.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Top Dog

There's something so comforting about a nice cup of hot tea. I usually just go for Orange Pekoe, but Earl Grey is also delicious.

There's a tea shop by my work that is just incredible. They have a blend called Check Mate, and it is the best tea I've ever had. I just can't get enough of it!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
I've gotten DH into a minty or fruity type of tea right before bed. At first he just had it because I was having tea, but now he'll go get himself a cup every night. He sweetens his with sugar.

I'll have a cup of black tea(Earl Grey, Awake by Tao, or just plain whatever black tea) anytime I want coffee, but it's too late or my stomach can't handle the acidity. I'm not fond of overly fruity teas, but I like green tea and chamomile and Chai and pretty much anything and everything. I sweeten mine with honey, mostly, but with Chai I'll warm up some milk and honey.

I'm a bit of a tea and coffee nut.

I used to drink cold sweet tea more often, but not in the last year or so.

Mint is definitely good in tea. I grow it right outside my back door. It's also good in gin and tonics and mojitos.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Wookie Collie

You got me started, Dober!

I love tea. All kinds of tea, any time of day, but especially when I wake up and right before bed.

This place is local, and feeds my addiction:
http://www.teastore.ca/

My favourites from them are the Lady Grey, Thunderbay blend, their lapsang souchong and my absolute favourite of theirs, the chocolate mint rooibos. My favourite bedtime tea. Of course they also have a killer sencha, herbal cold relieving tea, and time-of-the-month tea (yes, that's a thing.)

There are a ton more I love from them, and many more I have yet to try.

As far as bagged teas go, I like anything by Celestial Seasonings. Nothing beats their Echinachea Complete Care when I feel like the bottom of my foot. Plus I love their holiday herbal blends.

TEA. So much tea.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Felurian

As of this moment, I'm having a mug of Upton Tea River Shannon blend, their Irish Breakfast blend

I also love first flush Darjeelings from several different estates (Castleton, Makaiibari and Margaret's Hope are favorites), and there are a couple of estates that grow a lovely Lapsang Souchong. I haven't had the opportunity to find favorite green or white teas.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

Usually good old cheap lipton. I stick to caffeine free after 4pm though, and I can't drink it on empty stomach or I get sick. I'm not too picky but I can't handle some herbal teas (it's instant vomitting), chamomille I think? Mint isn't my thing either. I like fruity teas though.

And I just boil a cup of water in the microwave. Too lazy. Lately I've been just been having lipton and honey because my throat is sore.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Top Dog

We always have iced tea in the fridge; right now it's lipton + something called Moroccan mint and it's amazing. I'm having it sweet with my lunch/dinner, and it's so so good.

I also like chamomile a lot, and greens... and black tea.

I like tea.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 PM
The Littlest Hound

Just had a mug of vanilla coconut white tea from the old San Diego tea... place... Lol I used to hate tea (or thought I did) but everything they've given me there I've loved so I've changed my tune.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 11-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

I love David's tea.

Orange chocolate is my fave. I drink about 4 cups a day of different varieties. I like long life oolong, brazillionare, amaretto, pumpkin chai..

Though I get small bags of things that sound promising every time I go and some become my faves. Never thought I'd be a fan of loose leaf tea.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground