Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Art and Pet Paintings

Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Wookie Collie

Default DinoArt!

Disclaimer: It is not well known, but I am a huuuge palaeontology nerd and have been since I was seven. If I had been better at maths I'd be out on some archaeological dig somewhere right now. Dinosaurs are still a closet hobby of mine, and I've been spending my free time the past few weeks catching up on the latest palaeontology news.

Tonight I was reading the newest info on Therizinosaurus and its relatives, and was inspired to draw a non-denominational therizinosaur.

FUN FACTS:
Therizinosaurids were an odd bunch. Bipedal, pot-bellied, gangly limbs, ludicrously long scythe claws, and herbivores despite most likely being members of the therapod family (which includes tyrannosaurs and raptors). They are also one of the dinosaur species proven to have feathers. Palaeontologists have a hell of a time classifying this dinosaur into any category because it's just that weird.

This therizinosaur looks nothing like they probably should. I'm holding on to some old ideals of the therizinosaurids that I prefer aesthetically, like forward-facing wrists, slightly slimmer and less feathers. But hey, artistic allowance?

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Just saw this on FB, and wanted to say that is AWESOME. And I love your style, for realz.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Resident fainting goat

Awesome!!!