Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Phone posting . . . add in autocorrect . . . who knows what you'll get, lol?
LOL I turned off autocorrect because I make enough embarrasing mistakes on my own lol

One day Brian was out for lunch with Eddie and I texted "nice. Tell Eddie I said ho". LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-11-2012, 05:45 PM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
One day Brian was out for lunch with Eddie and I texted "nice. Tell Eddie I said ho". LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Felurian

Quote:
LOL I turned off autocorrect because I make enough embarrasing mistakes on my own lol

Did Eddie reply, "ho, ho?"

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-11-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm All Ears

I know I like fragment sentences and often don't realize I'm doing it. I also like - and (). And... <-- oh no, fragment.

But I do do get annoyed by people that don't use any capitalization or punctuation.

There's also a couple
of people
I have seen
that post like this.

I imagine
And read
Their posts
like a poem.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Aussie Obssessed

sherly you guys arn't talking about me...i lean how to right in school...their was nothing rong with any of my posts before...i don't no why i am been picked on now...u guys r just a bunch of meenys...
Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I know I like fragment sentences and often don't realize I'm doing it. I also like - and (). And... <-- oh no, fragment.

But I do do get annoyed by people that don't use any capitalization or punctuation.

There's also a couple
of people
I have seen
that post like this.

I imagine
And read
Their posts
like a poem.
Totally. Do that all the time. On here. Not in a proper letter or other formal writing. See? All these incomplete sentences. Fun to do. Gotta let me do it. Gotta let me spell "gotta" soooooooo don't want to make a whole sentence and sound like a stuffed shirt. Hahaha
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-11-2012, 08:49 PM
orange iguanas.

I am a fan of grammar lol. My 11th grade english class was basically all grammar, all the time (and vocab!). We learned some kind of obscure grammar rules in that class, like some common phrasings that are actually incorrect. It annoys me a bit because some things are common enough that I hear/read all the time, and I can't help but pick out the grammar error. Also when we would write papers in that class, I am pretty sure he did not grade us based on the actual content of the paper - he was just checking for correct grammar.

I get on my mom's case all the time - she likes to say "I didn't do nothing." AHHHH like nails on a chalkboard.

Mistakes happen though, I know I'm certainly not a grammar expert. There are the basics that get on my nerves... I do appreciate punctuation, and paragraphs, and spelling out complete words instead of just writing "u" (unless you're sending me a text). But unless I were applying for a job where writing was the focus... I hope my grammar is never analyzed so harshly!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Hehe, I live in the south. And there are some interesting ways of talking down here. "I didn't do nothing." <- That is extremely common. Another thing that is extremely common is the whole 'ghetto' speech. "Tbh, Hey Wife We Been Married For Some Time Now ANd Just Wanna Say I I I I I I I LOveeee Youuu HAHA Bt I Miss You Ash U Gettin SO Tall Me ANd Ur SUch A Great Bball Player Guhh We Gotta Hang Soon And U Betta Ball Like A Bodilly This Season"

I see this ALL. THE. TIME. I know I don't have perfect or even near perfect grammar. As in, I totally misspelled grammar but spell check saved me. But they TRY to talk like that, and it's kind of annoying. Like really annoying. Oh, there I go again, sentence fragment.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
No one is perfect and the occasional misspelling or mistake or awkward sentence is totally understandable and not a big deal (in terms of forums, I'm not talking about work). It's the people that talk like this:

i know hwo to spell i just cant be bothered to do it properly lol. this is so annoying to reaad especially when it goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and with no paragraphs or anything lol who needs paragraphs those ar stupid lol...... but ya no i never use pargraphs and its cool cus i like to hurt ppls eyes!!

Yeah, that's my big pet peeve
Oh gosh, this. I usually skip those posts and pray somebody else quotes it with the Cole's Notes version added on. I actually had to try to reread that a couple times just to make sure there wasn't a message buried in there.

Everybody makes mistakes, especially on forums and texts. I've been known to REALLY overuse commas,,,,,,,, . Somebody staged and intervention and I'm in comma rehab, so bear with me (I looked that one up, wouldn't have wanted to get accidentally naked with you all). Mistakes don't bother me all that much unless they're my own.

Forums and texts are considered the same as informal speech. If your missive is job-related it should be formal, within context.

That being said I did tell somebody on a forum to go to their cutlery drawer, get a spoon, and pop off their darned "!" key.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:

I remember that. I wasn't sure if it was an accusation or not. I have already been labeled "Man ***** Mod" here