Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Top Dog

Default How often do you bathe/shower?

I saw this on another forum and I was surprised to see that it's all over the place.

I usually shower every other day, and wash in the sink in between. My hair gets gross after 1.5 day though and I need to figure out how to stop it (I'm sure it was mentioned in the shampoo thread...). But my skin gets really dry.

Kids get bathed every 3 days but we still wipe their butts 5 times a day or something ridiculous (they don't know how to wipe yet ) and I swear their hair never gets dirty. Obviously they get washed more if stinky.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Multiple times a day!
Old 11-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Resident fainting goat

Everyday. Once a day.

I only shampoo every 3 days (so on shampoo days, I shower at night so I have time to properly wash, condition, blow-dry etc.. without my morning rush) I love my shampoo days because I do all the self-care stuff that takes time. (cut/polish nails, leave in conditioner, eye brows, face mask, exfoliate, etc..)

and on no-shampoo days, I just do a quick shower in the morning! My hair is what takes up most of my time in there so without that it's just shaving the legs, arm pits, wash my face, body wash, rinse..done! I prefer to shower in the morning wakes me up!

I used to shower more often than once a day! but I've learned to not need to shower every time I sweat! lol after a run/work-out, if I've already showered that day.. I'll do a quick body rinse or baby wipe through all sweaty areas and go on with my day.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Felurian

At least once a day, depending on what I'm doing or how I feel or if I need to think. There's something about running water, I unwind in a hot shower and it often brings on epiphanies and helps my thoughts flow. When I kept a fountain running on the hearth in my bedroom I slept better and had better access to getting answers/clarity/foresight in my dreams.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-08-2012, 05:23 PM
and Fozzie B!

I shower once a day, at least. If I skip ONE day I hate how my hair feels. I shampoo every other day & condition every day.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 11-08-2012, 05:25 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Every other day

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Top Dog

I'm currently only washing my hair 1-2 times a week, depending on if I'm going anywhere or not. I'll take a hot bath almost every night just to unwind.

I can't stand my greasy nasty hair getting wet but not washed, though. So I find it unbearable to get in a shower and not wash my hair.

Can't wait to dye it darker and get rid of this red until my hair gets healthy again. Then I can wash my hair EVERY DAY. WOOOO.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:28 PM
and Spy.

Once a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

It kind of varies, actually. Anywhere from twice a day to every other day. I wash my hair like every 3 days, and that's a generous estimate, 4 or 5 isn't unreasonable. Since I went shampoo free and then switched to sulfate free, my hair never gets greasy, and it never seems to smell, either. Unless I do something super-dirty or get REALLY sweaty like hair-dripping sweaty, it doesn't need to be washed often.

I mostly shower a lot because it's relaxing. If I'm busy or not feeling too stressed, I don't shower every day.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Glutton for Crazy

As soon as I feel gross. Sometimes it's every few days, sometimes it's daily. I don't wash my hair more than twice a week usually but I loathe body hair so I shave frequently.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.