Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Varies. Every day to every other day.

I like man musky smell, I'd hate if the other half was always spotless too. There's nothing horrific about skipping a day... Showering multiple times a day screams freaky germophobe to me!!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
It's kinda funny. On that other thread, people were horrified that others are wasting water when they don't need it

I don't sweat. My skin gets really dry. There's really no reason for me to shower every day (well, unless it's Summer obviously or I sweat in my sleep or something). And that's coming from someone who hates feeling gross, lol. I wash in the sink sometimes twice a day though (I'm thinking of picking washable wipes instead), but it just takes 2 minutes and I don't have to deal with wet hair. More often than not I end up showering because my hair gets gross.
Oh totally, different strokes. Reason I say yuck is because I'm a stinker! If I don't shower at least once a day I can smell myself and I feel itchy!

I am far from a germaphobe though. I am more then happy to swill around in some pretty gross things without freaking. I work at a vet and gross is in the job description. I just feel all crawly if I don't shower and I feel SO good afterwards. If I get into bed without washing I can't sleep and I can't get comfortable the whole day if I don't shower in the morning.

If everyone else is ok with that, all the power to them, but I STINK if I don't and no one needs to smell that.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 11-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Kotah BEAR

Every other day.
I wash my hair every other day, when I shower. I shower in the evenings because for some reason showers in the morning make me feel weird lol.
My hair and skin is super dry so if I shower every day, I feel gross, or if I shower every 3+ days, I feel gross. So my medium is every other day.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:38 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Every other day.
I wash my hair every other day, when I shower. I shower in the evenings because for some reason showers in the morning make me feel weird lol.
My hair and skin is super dry so if I shower every day, I feel gross, or if I shower every 3+ days, I feel gross. So my medium is every other day.
that's how it is with my face.

I don't even scrub my face with soap in the shower. I just let water run over it and if any soap runs down from my hair. If I scrub my face or wash my face with soaps or facial scrubs I break out in acne terribly and my face gets super oily. I CANNOT wash my face lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
that's how it is with my face.

I don't even scrub my face with soap in the shower. I just let water run over it and if any soap runs down from my hair. If I scrub my face or wash my face with soaps or facial scrubs I break out in acne terribly and my face gets super oily. I CANNOT wash my face lol

Have you ever tried the oil cleansing method? I've seen good results for folks with skin like you mentioned.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:57 PM
We are Home.

whenever possible. every other day is preferable but every 3 days is usually normal with a wipe down with a washcloth before bed.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-09-2012, 02:59 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogBuford View Post
Have you ever tried the oil cleansing method? I've seen good results for folks with skin like you mentioned.
I don't know what the oil cleansing method is lol so I don't think so but it's possible lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I don't know what the oil cleansing method is lol so I don't think so but it's possible lol
Here's a link. http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/ It works well for me!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:12 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

hmmm very interesting. I'll have to give that a try thanks for the info

G.K. Chesterton

Old 11-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Top Dog

I used the oil cleansing method for a while when I was breaking out more, it worked well.

Now it's just plain water or rosewater tonic.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com