Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-09-2012, 01:49 AM
Top Dog

Once a day, sometimes twice a day. Occasionally I'm too tired I'll skip a day. Every single time I get into the shower I wash my hair.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Top Dog

eh double post.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:37 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRock View Post
I also shower every other day lol. Is this a dog people thing? Most of my family thinks I'm a nasty person for not showering every day... But I'm a super clean person, plus I take extreme care of my hair too!! The frog meme also applies to me! Lol
Nope. I'm a dog person, work at a vet and do rescue. Yet I am horrified to hear that people don't shower at least every day. Yuck!

I shower twice a day and wash my hair once a day. I have also made Paul into a twice a day guy.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 11-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Top Dog

I shower once a day, for the most part and really... the reason I shower is to wash my hair! I cannot stand not washing my hair every day. It's not like I don't wash the rest of me, too but... HAIR is the first priority!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 11-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Top Dog

I shower or rinse off every day in the summer. I generally wash my hair every two to three days. In the winter though - I only shower every other day. I HATE having to put lotion on after every shower and if I skip the lotion I get so dry and itchy. Nothing can convince to shower everyday during the winter (on a regular basis - of course I do if I'm dirty lol).

I also don't use gel/soap every time, for the same itchy/lotion reason. It's too freaking dry here to deliberately dry myself out some more.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Dafuq?

I typically shower once a day in the evening, so I don't have to wake up early in the AM to do it then. (I also don't blow-dry my hair, so with this arrangement I'm not going to work wet-headed.) If I've got a day off, I might potentially skip a day. But I won't leave the house until I get showered.

Should add that I'm on the heavy side, and my job involves heavy lifting and being on my feet a lot. I can't stand feeling dirty or sweaty, which is why I shower regularly and my hair looks greasy after a day, so that is out of the question. I feel like my hair is one of my better features, so gotta have it looking its best.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 11-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
Nope. I'm a dog person, work at a vet and do rescue. Yet I am horrified to hear that people don't shower at least every day. Yuck!

I shower twice a day and wash my hair once a day. I have also made Paul into a twice a day guy.
It's kinda funny. On that other thread, people were horrified that others are wasting water when they don't need it

I don't sweat. My skin gets really dry. There's really no reason for me to shower every day (well, unless it's Summer obviously or I sweat in my sleep or something). And that's coming from someone who hates feeling gross, lol. I wash in the sink sometimes twice a day though (I'm thinking of picking washable wipes instead), but it just takes 2 minutes and I don't have to deal with wet hair. More often than not I end up showering because my hair gets gross.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I was just thinking about water waste. lol
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Little dog, big voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
If the name of the game is "how long have you gone without showering?"
I can be totally disgusting.
Have you seen foul bachelorette frog meme?
This is me at my worst.
I have a boyfriend this winter.. so I kind of have to keep it together in the name of sex.

while the "one shower a day" Fran is my NORM.
I have been known to partake in these..

Working at a pool in the summer, I think every lifeguard takes advantage of that last one at one point.. myself included, but never for more than a couple days, especially not if I'm going somewhere.

I usually take a shower every night though, simply because blow drying my hair takes too long and it makes my hair poofy. Then on weekends, I usually just wait and take one on Sunday night because my hair can go a few days without getting gross and usually I only go to the barn between hanging with friends and taking Cali for walks.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:42 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

yeah I'm not much of a sweater either. I just don't sweat much. I also don't shave much HAHAHA. I'm so glad we are past the point of "OMG you didn't shave your legs? GROSS" in our marriage lol because what a pain in the arse shaving is. It's like laundry. You just get it done and there's more.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney