Unmotivated

SpringerLover

Bailey adores tracking, it's probably her favorite activity... ever. Yet, I'm terrible about getting her out to work and we've never done anything past getting her TD.

I think I've decided that it's because it is SO time consuming and it's such an independent sport. I get SO BORED because we go tracking alone. Plotting/laying a track? Thrilling! Running my dog, THRILLING! Waiting for a track to age... boring as all get out.

I need a tracking buddy!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Me! Pick me!

Why the crap do you live so far away?!

I was just thinking the other day that the field by the hockey rink would probably be a pretty good tracking spot. I am unmotivated mainly because it's going to get very cold soon. Plus can dog even track in the winter? Wouldn't they just follow the shoe prints? lol

SaraB

I really wanted to get into tracking with Classic but I knew right away that I wouldn't have the motivation needed for that kind of sport. There are some nice places that you could track up by my place, you could lay a track and then come hang out with us and then go track if you wanted!

I'll be your tracking buddy! I'd love to try something like that with Jack! And even if he doesn't like it, I'd still come hang out with you!

(Although you'll have to teach me, since I know nothing about tracking!)

SpringerLover

I think I need to designate a tracking day and then move on from there! Sara, what night are you home?! :)

Me! Pick me!

Why the crap do you live so far away?!

I was just thinking the other day that the field by the hockey rink would probably be a pretty good tracking spot. I am unmotivated mainly because it's going to get very cold soon. Plus can dog even track in the winter? Wouldn't they just follow the shoe prints? lol
Yes they can track in winter with snow. Lots of people will have sorts of reasons on why you can't or shouldn't, but in reality if you're doing things right, none of it makes any difference. You don't always have to track in pristine snow anyway. Go to a play ground.

I always teach my dogs on playgrounds and heavily used soccer fields, freshly cut grass, whatever I can find.

Red Chrome

I loathe tracking but we do it a lot. Having a tracking buddy helps immensely!!

SaraB

I think I need to designate a tracking day and then move on from there! Sara, what night are you home?! :)
Well it gets dark so freaking early now, so none. Currently I don't have any classes on Monday nights and get home around 6:30pm, but that doesn't help. Tuesdays I have the afternoons off, class at 6:30pm. Otherwise weekends!

Members online

No members online now.