Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

It's really hard to find a job these days ... But you want to keep some kind of link to the Internet becsusthstsbhow most resumes & apps Are done these days

Old 11-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Top Dog

Honestly just sell the iPod. That would fix at least the dogs food issue.

Sell the camera and pay it off with that money. That's one payment gone.

Get rid of one car. Less insurance payment.

Sell your phones. Buy the cheapo pay a you go and keep ten dollars on it for emergencies.

It sucks but in this situation you really do need to realize a lot of these things are luxuries.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
It's really hard to find a job these days ... But you want to keep some kind of link to the Internet becsusthstsbhow most resumes & apps Are done these days
Public library.

Also most places DO have a computer set up for applications. Sometimes you just have to ask. They aren't set out so people don't vandalize them.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Top Dog

You should be able to get buy with one car - you can drop Josh off at work and then go to your job. It might be tricky if you get a job with overlapping hours, but lots of couples do it. See if he can car pool - even if he pitches in for gas it will be cheaper than paying for two cars.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Top Dog

Also apply every where. Food, retail, any thing.

Some of those jobs suck but a paycheck is a paycheck and fast food is always hiring due to their horrendous turnover rate.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
Public library.

Also most places DO have a computer set up for applications. Sometimes you just have to ask. They aren't set out so people don't vandalize them.
^This!

It is hard to find a job these days BUT if you want one, you will work your butt off to get one. It's hard but it's doable.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Very Food Agressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
...sell the ipad? That's like half the money you need right there.
This was exactly my first thought. Complaining about not having money then saying that you're posting from an iPad is a little ridiculous. When you come on hard times, do your best to find a way through them, not complain about them from an expensive toy.

I'm not saying the situation doesn't suck but I grew up in a family where if money was tight we went without and we sold what we could to stay afloat. My mom always comments on how she doesn't understand people who sit around and complain about not having money. There are always jobs that are hiring, they may not be fun or pleasant jobs that you want to make a career of but they will pay and keep you in a home and fed.

Aren't you also pregnant? You should be doing all you can to save for the future right now as well as keeping yourself safe and healthy.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy's Valkyrie View Post
This was exactly my first thought. Complaining about not having money then saying that you're posting from an iPad is a little ridiculous. When you come on hard times, do your best to find a way through them, not complain about them from an expensive toy.

I'm not saying the situation doesn't suck but I grew up in a family where if money was tight we went without and we sold what we could to stay afloat. My mom always comments on how she doesn't understand people who sit around and complain about not having money. There are always jobs that are hiring, they may not be fun or pleasant jobs that you want to make a career of but they will pay and keep you in a home and fed.

Aren't you also pregnant? You should be doing all you can to save for the future right now as well as keeping yourself safe and healthy.
This!

Getting $75 for the iPad is better than nothing- that will cover food for the dogs at least.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Top Dog

Also, if you can, while looking for a steady job, post flyers and on craigslist offering things like dog sitting, dog walking, etc...look for babysitting gigs. It's not steady money, but it will help until things get better.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2012, 12:54 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

We only have one car & I keep my cars til they fall apart on me lol. Ever since I can remember we have always been a one car family.

Granted the iPad she says is busted what about any old cell phones, what about any old/broken jewelry you might have? I would sell everything I could before I would feed my dogs purina he'll I make $200 a week on a good week & I still manage to feed them back to basics, because I coupon like crazy & "skimp" on myself. If you need a data plan at home for Internet there are plans like t mobile that offer unlimited Internet you Cana also purchase wifi signal for home, I was actually thinking of doing this to help with my data usage, tho I get 5 gigs of data per month & Iam on my phone/laptop (phone is my hot spot) all the time & I have only gotten one message saying I have use 50% data.

I never talk to anyone not on AT&T (it's free to talk to anyone on AT&T anytime) so I don't pay talk overages & I have so many rollover minutes that I don't think I will ever use them in my lifetime ... Wish I could convert them to data lol.