Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Top Dog

Taqroy's list is great (you definitely don't need the 500 different seats and bouncers and swings and pack and plays the stores list) but one important (pricier) item is not there:

CAR SEAT!! And that's something you can't really buy used (voids the warranty) and such.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Taqroy's list is great (you definitely don't need the 500 different seats and bouncers and swings and pack and plays the stores list) but one important (pricier) item is not there:

CAR SEAT!! And that's something you can't really buy used (voids the warranty) and such.
Ack I meant to say that! Good catch. Unless you know the person selling/giving you the car seat I would DEFINITELY buy that new.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Top Dog

Plus after 6 years the plastic starts to degrade and it become a safety hazard, so if you do get a hand-me down, make sure it's not more than a year or two old, or you get a new one when your kid hits toddlerhood

Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Just to add, car seats DO have an expiration date on them. It's usually on the bottom somewhere. So even if it is a used carseat from someone you know well and have a full history from... check the expiration date.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:12 PM
and Fozzie B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
I have severe PCOS, and the doctors said it would be very difficult for me to get pregnant without hormone treatments. So I stopped using birth control about a year ago thinking that I would let nature take its course. I'm pregnant now and it wasn't an accident or a mistake and I'm very happy about it.
That's crazy!!! I'm in the same exact situation. Except, I was taking birth control EVERY DAY (without taking the placebo) to prevent ever having a period. And I still got pregnant. It definitely made me believe that things happen for a reason, not just at random.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Top Dog

You know guys, I've been sexually active since I turned 18 (going on 5 years) and I think I used birth control twice. Ever. I did get pregnant, which ended in early miscarriage, but...

I started using birth control, and got pregnant just over a month later. Soooo, there ya go.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Top Dog

You know guys, I've been sexually active since I turned 18 (going on 5 years) and I think I used birth control twice. Ever. I did get pregnant, which ended in early miscarriage, but...

I started using birth control, and got pregnant just over a month later. Soooo, there ya go.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post

Seems odd doesn't it?

I haven't been on birth control since Hannah was born.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Seems odd doesn't it?

I haven't been on birth control since Hannah was born.
I was on birth control pill (course when it was a really bad time to get preg, we doubled up using condoms also) The month I stopped, got preg, lost it, got preg again, lost it, got preg again, Mason was born. Went back on the pill, went off the pill, use condoms for 3 months, first month without bc, got preg again.

I think a lot of the birth control babies, also happen to be user error, if you even miss the same hour of taking it, it can throw your body off, and you can get pregnant. And it doesn't just mess up that day, and the next day its ok if you take it on time, you would need back up protection probably for the rest of the cycle, but at least 7 days. And then to me it seems it becomes easier to get preg, because your body is more regulated. If I hadn't been on the pill before I am not sure it would have been as easy to get pregnant, because I was never regular til I went on the pill. And after going off of it, my body kept the same cycle, at least as long as it took to get preg, don't know how long it would have lasted otherwise.

oops meant to quote Milos Mommy

Old 11-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Top Dog

Yeah I did find out later the BC I had been on could be affected by my seizure meds. It was super nice of the doctors to tell me that.