Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-07-2012, 06:57 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlottMom View Post

We literally just said this.
same.

I'm worried about what is going to be left for Hannah and all the other children to clean up and pay for and their children

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Owned by Belgians

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisssAshby View Post
All I have to say is that our Electoral College needs a big time revamp. Voting is some states is totally useless, mine being one of them.
I only vote because I live in Ohio. When I lived in Illinois and Washington, it didn't make any difference whether or not I voted. I think that's wrong.

If you think the electoral college is weird, check out this video, what happens if there is a tie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHEDX...feature=fvwrel
Old 11-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Resident fainting goat

That's all I'm gonna say lol I love the POTUS and am very happy

<3 hands for everyone!

As for college.. it's so great to have a president who plans on making college more affordable instead of one who thinks the solution is "go borrow money from your parents"

and don't worry angry republicans all over my facebook who said they would move to a nation "With truly Christian values" if Obama won.. I'm waiting. I sincerely hope you do move. Go on. I've got some recommendations!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
As I said, I am not a Mourdock fan in the LEAST.......but for WEEKS that ONE statement has been played, replayed, twisted and shoved down our throats. Ugh.

Seriously, I would MUCH rather hear what YOU can do than hear about something stupid 'the other guy' did. It says NOTHING about your abilities or character when all you got is someone else's mistakes *shrugs*

And with that, I am out of politics again.........I normally stay out, hold my opinions to myself 'cause in the voting booth that's all that matters, but that statement has REALLY gotten under my skin this election.
Yeah it's been overplayed but in the end, I can't imagine ever voting for someone who thinks this way. And I guess a lot of people don't either.

If you ask me, the problem with Republicans is that they have all those religious nuts in there. Remove that from the equation, you'll probably have more people voting for them. They pretty much alienate all the non Christian voting base. It's probably not that obvious for Christians, but for someone who doesn't believe in God (or that God), it's just too scary to vote for a side that really believes that everything comes from God and we should be happy about it (just to sum up).

I'm sure a lot of great kids were born from rape. Women should still be able to have the choice to carry them or not (and I'm pretty pro-life, but in those cases I think we really need to take into account the emotional well being of the mother too).

And yeah... when a candidate keeps lying during the campaign, it probably doesn't help either, lol.

So I'm happy. I totally agree that finances are a huge issue, but if someone can make it so people stop dying of cancer/other diseases because they can't afford the $3000 a month treatment, I'll vote for that guy.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

That's all I'm gonna say lol I love the POTUS and am very happy

<3 hands for everyone!

As for college.. it's so great to have a president who plans on making college more affordable instead of one who thinks the solution is "go borrow money from your parents"

and don't worry angry republicans all over my facebook who said they would move to a nation "With truly Christian values" if Obama won.. I'm waiting. I sincerely hope you do move. Go on. I've got some recommendations!
LOL I love you Fran!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Meh.

apparently that's not enough characters.
This.

Brit & Jackson

Old 11-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Resident fainting goat

at the end of the day, post-election victory zeal aside..

***8206;"We are not as divided as our politics suggests, "We're not as cynical as the pundits believe. We are greater than the sum of our individual ambitions, and we remain more than a collection of red states and blue states. We are, and forever will be, the United States of America." - Obama
Old 11-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Resident fainting goat

oh and I wonder what south park will have to say tonight! lol that should be fun for everyone!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Definitely Stardogs...and looks like Maryland is passing the referendum for same sex marriage as well!!
I was happy to see this! I voted for Romney was very happy I had the choice to vote for gay marriage on our Maryland ballot.

Brit & Jackson

Old 11-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
I'm pleased to see that Michele Bachman may be getting the boot! I have to keep Steve King. Boo.

I assume that you are not gay and having your rights trampled on. If you were, you might find it to be very important. I myself am not, but people who I love are. I find it horrific that they are not granted the same rights I am.
I actually know of 3 gay people who voted for Romney. They'd rather country get back on its feet financially and then worry more about gay rights.

Either way, I voted FOR gay marriage and am glad it passed in MD (as far as I heard? I just woke up).

Brit & Jackson