Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Wait.

So if you have no income.

You fill out a tax return and get 2500.00 for every kid you have?

You can claim the first two . And yes google " earned income tax credit " you can make up to right at 39,000 or so a year and qualify. My last raise changed my tax bracket and I found out this past year. Now I get back a couple hundred instead of almost 5 grand.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Top Dog

Does this number go up or down if your income is higher???

Shouldn't it go up? Because you pay more in taxes? Or does it go down because you need less government money to feed your kid?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Down. It did used to be 1000.00 . But went up. I think it did . Now I am doubting my thoughts. Lol
Old 11-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Top Dog

You know, there are people on all sides who find ways to cheat the government. Yeah, there are people who receive welfare but don't truly need it, and there are rich who find ways to cheat the system and not pay their fair share in taxes. Either way, the government loses money.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Does this number go up or down if your income is higher???

Shouldn't it go up? Because you pay more in taxes? Or does it go down because you need less government money to feed your kid?
Well, the taxes are separate, you still get money back depending on how much you paid.

But the amount you get per kid goes down the more money you make, because theoritically, the more money you make, the less you're struggling to feed and clothe your kid(s).

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

I'm pretty positive my income is low enough to qualify for that...I could freakin' take the kid to Disney world with that money. (I'm joking. Hopefully. I'll budget this stuff and let you guys know)

I think that's part of the issue...the government not only hands out food stamps, day care vouchers, rental assistance, tuition assistance, low-cost healthcare, which honestly is all good and fine, but do they really need to handing thousand of dollars essentially in cash to people who are ALREADY getting all of the above?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
People think a lot of stupid things, so I'm sure plenty of people actually do think they're getting this stuff for "free", but I don't think that's the case with most voters.

Socialized medicine, education, etc. is working in MANY countries. That's undeniable. Their economies are strong, crime rates are low, unemployment is low, they're making strides in education, science, medicine. People there are happy with the way things are. That's just as much, if not more, incentive for people than $$$$$. People KNOW they pay much higher taxes in socialized countries. They just happen to think it's worth it. Not unemployed people, people on welfare, drug addicts, people abusing the system...successful doctors, lawyers, teachers, business owners in the community. They're willing to pay A LOT in taxes to further education, medicine, science, to give people who work hard and still can't afford privatized medicine, a chance.

I'm not saying it's better or worse than capitalism or fiscally conservative, republican American ideas. But it's what the majority of people want. And it's not because they're stupid or misinformed, it's because they value a lot of things over holding onto all their income, tooth and nail.
name them. and then for every one you name i'll name one that is in turmoil &/or financial collapse.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:16 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
I'm pretty positive my income is low enough to qualify for that...I could freakin' take the kid to Disney world with that money. (I'm joking. Hopefully. I'll budget this stuff and let you guys know)

I think that's part of the issue...the government not only hands out food stamps, day care vouchers, rental assistance, tuition assistance, low-cost healthcare, which honestly is all good and fine, but do they really need to handing thousand of dollars essentially in cash to people who are ALREADY getting all of the above?
This.

I don't think it is so much an issue of people always scamming the system (although that is an issue) it is the total
Mismanagement of the system like this.

I am of the opinion that everything like this should be vouchers and not a check or cash

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Obey the Toad.

I don't get the impression that Canada is in turmoil or collapse....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I don't get the impression that Canada is in turmoil or collapse....
It's crazy bad here. We're all going to explode any minute now.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13