Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I had a very nice facebook private message from someone telling me he/she is surprised at how I can be a college-educated woman and be an ignorant and racist upper-class bitch. All because I voted for Romeny.
People say things online they would never say to someone's face. I've never heard people say things like that in person. Lets just say there are a few reasons I don't use Facebook regularly.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:36 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Me, too. It's not free. But with or without universal health care and with or without the government involved, those of us who work for a living pay for other people's health care. There's nothing new under the sun, I've just been subsidizing other people's care primarily through my insurance premiums instead of my taxes up until now.
Exactly. At least this way there's hope for negotiating reasonable terms and getting (far cheaper) preventative care for those I'm subsidizing anyway and there's a possibility for better accountability. The current way is certainly not working very well.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 11-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
People need to stop with the underhanded insinuations.

Last night I went to bed as "me", and yet today I'm stupid, I'm a racist, I'm backwards, I'm for letting poor people starve to death while I sit back and each popcorn and watch a movie..............I could go on.

In fact, I had a very nice facebook private message from someone telling me he/she is surprised at how I can be a college-educated woman and be an ignorant and racist upper-class bitch. All because I voted for Romeny. It seems a vote for Romney equals bringing back slavery, putting poor people to death in gas chambers, and wanting to brand homophobic epithets onto gay people. And if a college-educated woman could do such a thing, it was a complete waste of time and money to even bother with an education to squander it on someone so stupid.

As for college, I busted my ASS in the classroom and on the soccer field to get those scholorships that paid for my tuition and much of my rooming and food. I busted my ASS in college to keep those scholorships. When I lost my athletic scholorship due to a career-ending injury, I got two jobs, 1 at a local hospital and the other teaching drivers' education. I just wanted it to be known that I didn't have mommy and daddy hand me money every Sunday to go play.
and people who voted for Obama, hate unborn children, want tax payers to kill babies, they disgust those that have morals, hate our country, are bad Americans, they make other people sad because they "love" America more than Obama supporters.

People are ridiculous all around.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Top Dog

As for the election, it is what it is. I know my family will continue to do what we can to live as our faith has instructed us to live. The next four years will most undoubtedly alter us even moreso financially, but we'll have to deal with it as it happens.

The thing is, there's no immediate answer. Each side wanted/wants a single explanation as for how to solve all the issues, and the fact is that there is no single answer. No single act can be done to magically correct all the things wrong. The main problem lies in the hypocritical finger-pointing from each side when the magical single answer was unable to be produced.

Raising taxes and printing more money isn't going to solve these issues. Forcing those who earn more to give more isn't going to solve all the issue (especially when one doesn't stop to take into account the higher-earning family's debt issues....i.e. a friend of mine has special needs baby with numerous chromosomal issues, thus the daily medical care for this little boy is more than most of us can imagine. hubby has a great job as a neurophsyicist, and they actually manage ok financially with her having to be a full-time yet unpaid nurse to their own child. but they have their own bills and debt to pay. but for some, that doesn't matter because they make more than some of the "poorer" people, therefore they should have to "give" more. now what happens to my friends? do they downsize their own house and downsize their own vehicles because they can't afford to "give" more while maintaining their own standard of living?........just food for thought)
Old 11-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Big Dog

Quote:

The thing is, there's no immediate answer. Each side wanted/wants a single explanation as for how to solve all the issues, and the fact is that there is no single answer. No single act can be done to magically correct all the things wrong. The main problem lies in the hypocritical finger-pointing from each side when the magical single answer was unable to be produced.
This.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinPinOwner View Post
People say things online they would never say to someone's face. I've never heard people say things like that in person. Lets just say there are a few reasons I don't use Facebook regularly.
I use facebook to stay in touch with my family, as we are all spread out, yet extremely close. I also use it to stay in touch with my close friends. Somewhat recently, I allowed myself to add some "online friends", and that backfired on me this morning with that lovely message.

Sure, I let things roll of my back, but it does hurt my feelings, because such insinuations are a character attack. And yet if I try to defend myself by explaining my beliefs, I'm shrugged off. It's obviously ok in today's day and age to tell someone who and what they are. It happens all the time.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I just love how your life turns into doom the day Obama got re-elected. People want to start extra saving accounts for their kids, people worry about downsizing, etc. You are going to do what you can to live your faith as instructed? How about you can just continue to live and express your faith as you were able to do before.

I'm sorry, but that's just as annoying and over the top as calling everyone who voted for Romney a bigot and racist.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
and people who voted for Obama, hate unborn children, want tax payers to kill babies, they disgust those that have morals, hate our country, are bad Americans, they make other people sad because they "love" America more than Obama supporters.

People are ridiculous all around.
I agree. Both sides run off of insinuations about the people on the other.

There's no middle ground anymore. You can't possibly be a college-educated woman and vote for Romney. You can't possibly be a hard-working gay man with no college education, and struggling to make ends meet, and possibly vote for Romeny (who was my cousin, by the way). You can't possibly be a Pro-Life Christian situated in the upper class realm and vote for Obama (one of my close vet friends).
Old 11-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I just love how your life turns into doom the day Obama got re-elected. People want to start extra saving accounts for their kids, people worry about downsizing, etc. You are going to do what you can to live your faith as instructed? How about you can just continue to live and express your faith as you were able to do before.

I'm sorry, but that's just as annoying and over the top as calling everyone who voted for Romney a bigot and racist.
Oh, yes. Because I just came into this thread preaching gloom and doom. YOU just proved my point exactly.

I make a comment. You attack. I make a comment. You attack. Anyone see the pattern here?

I would love it if you would quote me on where I gave a sermon on how we're all going to be broke and living in hell.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:01 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Oh, yes. Because I just came into this thread preaching gloom and doom. YOU just proved my point exactly.

I make a comment. You attack. I make a comment. You attack. Anyone see the pattern here?
I don't think that was necessarily directed completely at you, because honestly there are hyperbolic doom and gloom comments ALL over the internet today (a couple in this thread). All our jobs are going away, better stockpile the guns, my kids won't be able to go to college.

Frankly it leaves me wondering why that's true today but wasn't true a week ago, when the guy who is president again was... already president.