Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Erin, what size girth are those again? I've got one from you that's Enzos instead of Knoxs, lol, it fits her great, but he's almost too big to get out of it. Goes in just fine, but I almost couldn't get him out of it the first time he wore it, so he's not wore it since lol
Old 11-07-2012, 12:30 AM
orange iguanas.

Her chest measures at about 28". Is the neck measurement super important you think? Because I'm getting 17" on her but then that doesn't really match up with their sizing chart.

If any of you have extra ones that would fit her that'd be awesome!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 11-07-2012, 01:44 AM
Puppy Dog

Do the harnesses really keep them safe in a crash? Here in Germany (less than a month left here YAY!) its MANDATORY to have your dog harnessed in or crated while in the car. Its not about the dogs safety, its about the humans'. The theory behind the law is that unrestrained dogs can kill someone in the car when they get thrown around in an accident... I guess if it stops the dog from flying at your head, the dog is safer too... I just wonder about how much damage the harness does to the dog in a crash. Either way I have a cheapo harness by Trixie which is HORRIBLE but it satisfies the law while Tara is outgrowing all her stuff (She's 6 months old next week!!!!)

How is everyone attaching their harnesses to the car? Mine literally buckles in but the package said the buckle only works for certain car makes- not fords or volvos (luckily I am driving an ancient Opel)
Old 11-07-2012, 08:48 AM
aka RedHotBabe

I have a Roadie.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I use the Bergan. Fits the Boxer chest pretty well. And it is easy to use.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Behavior Nerd

The model I have says size 6 fits dogs with girths from 28-32". I have several, so PM me if you want one and we can work out details!

Old 11-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Active Pup

I use Bentleys Julius K9 IDC harness for the car and just use a strap that I got from petco to tie him down. Its not car "approved" but it keeps him back.

Before we drive down to FL ill be getting him a car harness that's been crash tested. There are a couple but the only two that come to mind right now are Kurgo and Bergan.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMichelle View Post
I use Bentleys Julius K9 IDC harness for the car and just use a strap that I got from petco to tie him down. Its not car "approved" but it keeps him back.

Before we drive down to FL ill be getting him a car harness that's been crash tested. There are a couple but the only two that come to mind right now are Kurgo and Bergan.
Mmmmm, I don't think those both are...it's possible neither are. Or if they're crash tested, they may not have been approved as safe.

The only ones I can think of are the Road and PetBuckle.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Bored Now.

Bumping this to say that I bought Middie a Roadie and am waiting anxiously for it to come in so we can test it out. I used a regular harness in the Jetta and was moderately happy with it, and used the same one in the previous roadster. Middie was okay with it, but it was a pain to attach. In the new car, he is less than happy with the situation, as we have misplaced his harness and he doesn't like this car as much as the last one. It's led to some serious stressing out sessions in which he tried to crawl into my lap, and I'm not dealing with that - I desperately need a harness.

Also, Amazon has them for $25. That helped.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:40 PM
orange iguanas.

I am liking it so far but haven't really had her in the car much to get a good feel. The only thing I am struggling with is how I want to attach it in the car, right now I've just been putting the seatbelt through it and buckling it in that way, but it's been kind of awkward that way and Juno doesn't seem to know how to sit or lie down. Not sure if I need to try attaching it different ways, or if my dog is just dumb lol and needs time to figure it out!

But I am glad I got the Roadie and not the kind we sell at work. Roadie is easier to put on and doesn't look as silly.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006