Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Big Dog

It depends usually, but I love shopping at Pier 1 Imports for Christmas presents lol. I also love making candles so I usually gift candles too

--------
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Top Dog

Last year for the extended family, I did those mason jar cookie/cocoa mixes. This year, I'm planning on doing family calendars. Of course, those are generally the extended family's gifts - not for the immediate family.

I don't have any advice for the younger brother, but last year for my parents, my siblings and I put together a re-creation of the menu from one of their first dates and told them that they could pick a date/time and we'd make them a nice 4 course meal. I think they really appreciated it. This year, we're thinking about getting (or making) a wooden wall plaque with the family name for the new house that they bought.

My brother is always a pain to shop for as well. He's in his upper teens though, so a different age group, but inevitably, has often ended up with candy and gift cards from me. They're appreciated, if nothing else. If the 9 year old is into video games, maybe a gift card to Game Stop or a similar place would be appreciated (does Game Stop even exist anymore?!).

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Top Dog

For a nine year old I'd probably go with some kind of science/craft kit or something. Trendy toys like pokemon/beyblade/whatever I don't mind, especially if they use their imagination or play with friends, but usually I'll end up getting the kid a little token something from that (small pack of cards, one small toy) and then try to find like - a nice microscope at a garage sale, or a tech-y build-an-alarm-robot-for-your-room kinda things.

If I ever get a kid a video game it has to be like a REALLY interactive, multiplayer, not-mindless-zombie-killing game.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Top Dog

I do portraits of everyone's pets. Frame them and that is what they get for Christmas. Or I will commission artistic pieces of the dogs for them. Last year I did a scrapbook for my dad of his dog. It took awhile but he loved it. This year for him, I am commissioning a custom portrait of his dog with his previous 2 dogs in the clouds above along with my grandma, his mom. It should be awesome.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Top Dog

I buy kids books. That's really pretty much it. Lol. I actually have four presents bought already. I've been shopping sales so that I don't hit two weeks before xmas and go through the "I don't have any presents!!!!1!" flail.

The moms (Matt's and mine) - lotion, body scrub, and mask stuff from the body shop. I'll probably also make them a couple of knitted washcloths and maybe find some candles.
The sisters - I got necklaces for both of them. I may give my sister her necklace early (since I forgot to send her a birthday present whoops) and get her a custom bracelet from Spiffing Jewelry instead. I have one from there and LOVE it.

So far I've saved about $260 and spent $100. I am kind of in love with shopping early now. Lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013