Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Top Dog

I don't onions - I'll eat like soup or something with onion in it, or really finely cut up onions, but if I have the chance to order something without onions I will.

I don't like olives much, either.

I think that's it.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-06-2012, 09:11 PM
orange iguanas.

I am the picky eater. If it's a meat other than chicken? Forget it. Vegetables? Nope. Any sort of sauce? Yuck.

If we go out to eat I am pretty much screwed if there isn't a chicken sandwich on the menu.

Thankfully my family is not like...super weird and exotic when it comes to food. We eat pretty basic stuff.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I am the picky eater. If it's a meat other than chicken? Forget it. Vegetables? Nope. Any sort of sauce? Yuck.

If we go out to eat I am pretty much screwed if there isn't a chicken sandwich on the menu.

Thankfully my family is not like...super weird and exotic when it comes to food. We eat pretty basic stuff.
Or cheese.

Siri picture taken by Linds.

Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:54 PM
The Littlest Hound

I LOVE ALLLLLL THE FOODS!!!!!11!

Except spinach soufflé and Brussels sprouts (but I will eat those, because they are my dad's favorite vegetable in the world.)

So I can really only offer my sympathy. My boyfriend used to be a chef & makes amazing meals nightly. You cannot be picky at our house. My dogs are not even picky - they never ate veggies & fruits til we moved in with Chris, now they'll at least "try" everything I plan on having kids with pretty well-rounded palates as well.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 11-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Top Dog

Plottmom I'll come to your house for dinner.

Last night we got Chinese food. My brother was working late and my mom was at the emergency clinic, so chinese seemed simple. I was going to order a handful of dishes, but my dad came in and was like "get this, get that" to stuff NO ONE EVEN LIKES. Then, like four containers of the chinese went unopened. My dad and brother ate after I did, and when I came back to the kitchen about four hours later, all the chinese food containers were still sitting open on the table. I put it in the fridge, I hope it didn't go bad. They probably won't even eat the leftovers (they "don't like" leftovers. They actually say this. "Do you want some of the chicken and potatoes from two nights ago?" "No I don't like leftovers.").

*don't let it bother me* *don't let it bother me*

Old 11-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

I love to cook and feed people...I also like good food

I can understand not eating certain things due to a texture issue...I do not eat most seafood for that reason. I find the texture and taste of most of it repulsive.

I agree that olives are evil... *Yuck*

I also do not like things if they have too much of a bitter taste...

Mostly though food is delicious

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 11-07-2012, 03:30 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Ok I don't know if this counts as Picky but Hannah has this weird thing right now where she wants to eat the crust from her sandwiches but the crust cannot actually be attached to the sandwich. I have to take all the crust off and then she'll eat it. WTH is that all about? lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Top Dog

I wouldn't eat sandwich crust until I was about 16 so....I'm no help there.

Although as a kid I wouldn't eat cold cuts unless they were rolled up. Flat, no way. Rolled into a tube, sure!

Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

I can't say anything -- I'm the picky one! I mean, I'm not AS picky as what you describe, I like a lot of things but most of them are all bad for you so that's an issue.

But I don't really like anything too crazy ... I'm more of a plain girl. I don't like sour cream, cream cheese, mustard, and only eat ketchup on a hamburger or hot dog.

The only way I eat veggies is if they are cooked or mixed with something (like been in the crockpot with roast cooking all day long, LOL, or in soup).

But in general, I don't do anything too eccentric.

Brit & Jackson

Old 11-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Plottmom I'll come to your house for dinner.

Last night we got Chinese food. My brother was working late and my mom was at the emergency clinic, so chinese seemed simple. I was going to order a handful of dishes, but my dad came in and was like "get this, get that" to stuff NO ONE EVEN LIKES. Then, like four containers of the chinese went unopened. My dad and brother ate after I did, and when I came back to the kitchen about four hours later, all the chinese food containers were still sitting open on the table. I put it in the fridge, I hope it didn't go bad. They probably won't even eat the leftovers (they "don't like" leftovers. They actually say this. "Do you want some of the chicken and potatoes from two nights ago?" "No I don't like leftovers.").

*don't let it bother me* *don't let it bother me*
LOL *hides* I don't really like leftovers either. I'm sorry it just grosses me out! Nothing tastes as good to me ... it gets, like, mushy and just... ew, I don't know. Only certain things I can eat leftover (pizza and Chinese food is some of them).

Brit & Jackson