Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Default Oh a bath what fun

I had to give Zeus a bath because he decided to roold in something just a couple hours ago in the back yard when i let him out to "go potty". But he was stinky . Zeus has never been one to love a bath but he smelled soooooo bad im going to have to see what it was out in the yard. Anyways right when he heard the water running he ran under the bed and started whining and putting his ears back. I eventually got him out from under there with some treats and sweet talking. Now Picture this.....

I finally get muscular Zeus into the bathroom with the tub ready and sometimes he will actually get right in but this time he planted himself right next to the toilet. I was gagging by now at how bad he stunk and was jsut saying to hime "come one Zeus you need a bath buddy you really stink". Stil no moving so i finally grabbed him up in my arms which was so hard do to his weight and wigglieness. I then go to turn and put zeus in the tub when he wiggles out of my arms in midair and it was like slow motion i lost my balance and fell into the tub with zeus outside of the tub looking in at me like yeah. luckily the tub wasent no more then a few inches deep.

Angry by now and sick of the smell it finally hit me. GET THE TREATS and sure enough with the coaxing of treats that darn dong jumped right into the tub and and i finally gave him a bath and he doesent stink and more and my hosue doesent stink anymore and oh its so wonderful lol.

Yup theres my story just thought i would share.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Big Dog

lmao sounds like you had fun!! not.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:57 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

LOL!!!! I know how you feel. Beulah hates taking baths. After we fight, and I finally get her in the tub, she will lean up against the wall so I can't wash her other side. Talk about frustrating...
Old 01-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Felurian

I wish someone could explain why dogs who will stay out in a cold rain and splash around and even put their heads under water in a cold wading pool turn into shaking, quaking, stubborn LUMPS when it comes to a warm water bath or shower with a nice shampoo massage and lots of attention!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Top Dog

I cannot give Brady a bath alone let alone get him into the bathtub alone. Matt has to help me. It is like trying to put an 80 pound baby that does not want a bath into the tub. He plants all four paws into the ground so that you can barely pick him up. then the whole time he is in the tub he is trying to get out while you wash him.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Felurian

Oh, I used to have that problem too, only no one would help me, so I just pick up one end of the dog and put it in the tub (or shower now), then the other end. Kharma's tried hopping out while I was doing her second half, but she decided she really didn't want me to get angry with her. They're used to Charley being gruff, and just hunker down and look pitiful for a minute, then go off and leave him alone for awhile, but they aren't used to me getting angry so it's a big deal when I have to. I did figure out it's easier if I put the front end of the dog in first!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Why is it, that when a dog first gets out of the bathtub, they go crazy!!!!! Beulah will take off running to the living room, and run in cirlces, make a few jumps on the couch, run in some more cirlces, jump back on the couch or bed, roll over on her back and just rub against the couch or bed....
Old 01-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Labrador lover!!!!!

Oh the boys dont mind the bath its just getting them in it which is a pain!!lol
6 bunnies~fluffy, muffin,bugsy, buttons,twigglets,forsty
2 gerbils~cheese and pickels
2 g.pigs~buzz and dizzy
Old 01-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Top Dog

Blackie LOVES baths (which I'm thankful for, seeing he can out muscle me any day. lol), but Rose doesn't like them. I can get her into the bathroom all right, but I have to lift her into the tub. Once she is in the tub, she will stand there very well untill I'm done. But as soon as I'm done she is OUTA THAT TUB! lol
Although, I actually got her to jump into the tub without me having to do anything. All's I did was stand in the tub with some really yummy treats and incouraged her to jump in with me! lol Sure enough, she did!
Old 01-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_ashmore
Why is it, that when a dog first gets out of the bathtub, they go crazy!!!!! Beulah will take off running to the living room, and run in cirlces, make a few jumps on the couch, run in some more cirlces, jump back on the couch or bed, roll over on her back and just rub against the couch or bed....
ROFL! She goes crazy and rolls all over the furniture because she's inside and can't roll in some nice, fresh dirt outside!

Mine do exactly the same thing . . .

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian