Urgent Doberman in Ontario

Southern Ontario. Guelph specifically. Dog is now safe, he's been surrendered to me. I'm making arrangements to have a fantastic trainer assess him.

I need to know which doberman rescue groups are good and which to avoid. This boy has been through enough already and I won't be placing him with a rescue who uses any aversive training methods.

S

SevenSins

Out of curiosity, why was the owner desperate to euthanize a 2 year old Doberman?

Very long story short, it started showing aggression when she "disciplined" him. Shock collars weren't improving the situation (shockingly!) and yesterday when she went to reprimand him and take a nail file away from him that he had in his mouth, he bit her.

I guess I should say, compounding the issue was the fact that, sweet as I find him to be, he has ZERO manners and she never wanted the dog in the first place.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
He's handsome! Glad he ended up in good hands. Eric, who owns Cerberus Designs right outside of Milton, has two Dobes and I think is very active in the Ontario Doberman community. He's very nice and might be a good connection if you're trying to find resources or a rescue group for this boy.

Me too! I'm falling for him hard. He's fantastic and loves to train and is so loving. He's really sensitive and I just want to get him somewhere where he can thrive.

I love him.

Caesar passed his assessment yesterday. Now to find him a rescue/foster place for him. I've been networking him with all the reputable and capable dog people I know.

If anyone here knows anyone who might be interested, let me know!

spiffy

He is a gorgeous dog. Bless you for caring and for saving him from an untimely death.

Thanks spiffy! He really is fantastic. I'm just desperate to find him a place to go. He's getting bored at the clinic and soon we aren't going to have room for him.

Members online

No members online now.