Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Top Dog

I love that poster.

The avoid pinching part for humans and avoid hugging part for dogs... Scout was freaking BITTEN by one of the toddlers in her second home. Dear sweet dog only whined which spurred the mother of the child to come investigate and find her little girl with her teeth in poor Scout. I swear this dog deserves a medal for being so tolerant and awesome!

And yet people act like there is something wrong with her when she hides behind me when some inconsiderate toddlers corner her as she's trying to poop with their father a good 30ft behind. Jeebus people teach yourselves and your kids some manners. Jerks. What if that'd been a dog less tolerant than Scout with the same history??
Old 11-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Top Dog

I emailed them as well with the video link and asked them to do something before the dog looses it's life for biting.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Squishy face

I just checked the facebook page, and five people commented after me, all agreeing with me! Mind = blown

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 11-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post
I just checked the facebook page, and five people commented after me, all agreeing with me! Mind = blown
I can't find it on their FB page....can you link to it?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Squishy face

I think the video was removed from the page because I don't see it there anymore. The owner came on and insisted his dog was not stressed and perfectly happy to have a baby falling on him over and over, and I posted back with a link that has a nice guide for reading and understanding your dog's behavior. I hope he saw it before the post was deleted.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Top Dog

I mean, it may not be possible now, but could a FOHA volunteer or employee say something? Even if it's like 'we'd like to come and check on the dog and see if there are any issues you guys could use help with' and when they get there tell the family that the dog is uncomfortable when the child climbs on him and why...it might help?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Top Dog

Of course some idiot on the youtube page had to say the people posting comments were judgmental lol.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
Of course some idiot on the youtube page had to say the people posting comments were judgmental lol.
I replied with a helpful link but I'm sure they'll just ignore it. lol
Old 11-05-2012, 03:18 PM
SBT Lover!!

"So sad how people are judgmental and uniformed. How high and mighty are you, when you have done worse to your animals. Here a little boy is***65279; playing with the dog and hugging and loving him afterwards. Shame on you!!!"

I love how the commenter implies that we are dog abusers because we don't like seeing a dog mistreated...
Old 11-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
"So sad how people are judgmental and uniformed. How high and mighty are you, when you have done worse to your animals. Here a little boy is***65279; playing with the dog and hugging and loving him afterwards. Shame on you!!!"

I love how the commenter implies that we are dog abusers because we don't like seeing a dog mistreated...
And when the dog snaps at the child there will have been 'no warning'. *sigh*