Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-04-2012, 01:45 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
I love the A frame tents! I may have to make those for the kids this year (they are really getting into forts lately).
I saw those and with 4 drilled holes and 4 elastic loops how can you go wrong?!?! I'm just going to go to goodwill and get some twin sheets from there.

So far everything (besides the fort kit) is under 5 bucks.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
I should make some for J. He would love it! Send me a recipe!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASEEEE
I posted how I made the habanero sauce in my Hot Sauce thread It's a really basic recipe, so you can sub different types of peppers and flavors.

The sauce I made with the green cayennes was simple. A can of mangoes, a tablespoon of orange juice concentrate, half a small white onion, 16 large green cayennes, quarter cup of lime juice, half cup or so (maybe 3/4) of white vinegar, and about the same of water. Half a teaspoon of sea salt, teaspoon of sugar, quarter cup of salad oil (don't use olive oil, the flavors don't go well). Liquefied it in the VitaMix, poured it into a saucepan, brought it just barely to a boil, simmered for about 5 minutes, let it cool and put it in small freezer jars. Once it's completely cool I'll store it in the freezer, thaw it out as I want it.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-04-2012, 01:56 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
I posted how I made the habanero sauce in my Hot Sauce thread It's a really basic recipe, so you can sub different types of peppers and flavors.

The sauce I made with the green cayennes was simple. A can of mangoes, a tablespoon of orange juice concentrate, half a small white onion, 16 large green cayennes, quarter cup of lime juice, half cup or so (maybe 3/4) of white vinegar, and about the same of water. Half a teaspoon of sea salt, teaspoon of sugar, quarter cup of salad oil (don't use olive oil, the flavors don't go well). Liquefied it in the VitaMix, poured it into a saucepan, brought it just barely to a boil, simmered for about 5 minutes, let it cool and put it in small freezer jars. Once it's completely cool I'll store it in the freezer, thaw it out as I want it.

I didnt even think to look in there especially since you know how much of a wimp I am about hot sauce LMAO

Old 11-04-2012, 03:15 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Home made gifts are the only ones I can give, and if that isn't good enough I don't know what to say. There is nothing I could afford to buy that wouldn't be humiliating.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-04-2012, 03:41 PM
We are Home.

same here this year. Between the moving and Morgans therapy and everything. I could never afford to give anything that is comparable to what I am making.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:05 PM
<----Thanks Allie

I do picture frames. The frames are only like $2 at michael's... then I paint them and glue on pictures of thing the person likes. I also have fabric paint/glue stuff that is great for putting on letters and stuff.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Wookie Collie

I spent all my Christmas budget on the plane ticket to see my family for the holiday. So, handmade Christmas for me, too. I'm thinking hand-drawn family portraits, kind of like the cheesey caricature ones you buy at craft fairs but that actually look a bit like them.

But I'd love to make some handmade lotions and other fun things. Any good ideas, please share and I'll do the same!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 PM
such sights to show you

I've had good experiences with handmade Christmases. I knit and crochet, and one year I made everyone a blanket/afghan and they were all thrilled. I think the no-sew blankets are a great idea, one year my mom made one of those for everyone and I had it for years and years before I wore it out. Another year a friend of mine made a really simple fleece blanket that had little feet pockets on one end and then just hemmed roughly around the other edges. I use that blanket constantly.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:04 PM
We are Home.

This is one lotion I have found
http://frugallysustainable.com/2011/...rizing-lotion/

This is what Jeremy is going to try as a lotion but it IS a cloth diaper safe butt cream LOL.
http://ecocrazymom.com/cloth-diaper-...-cream-recipe/

Heres another soap we are trying.
http://alphamom.com/family-fun/holid...ow-globe-soap/

Im still going through my links and will post more tonight.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Top Dog

What a neat idea My very favorite gift ever is a wonderfully warm and heavy blanket my MIL made for me. It lives on my couch and I use it almost every day. She chose my favorite colors and a pattern that she thought fit me, and it was (is!) definitely appreciated.