Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-04-2012, 12:33 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Mike knows about you all. As do my parents, and my sister. But when I'm discussing Chaz to other people, you guys are just, "a friend of mine/someone I know has X dog..." LOL. I may occasionally say "from online" or "on a forum", but that's about it.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I do not mention Chaz per say unless its to Tyler or my close friends, who all know I am dog crazy ha ha.

When I do mention one of you guys I always say a person I know or a friend.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 11-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Let it be

I have zero shame about being on Chaz and openly admit to it. Im actively involved in a way more embarassing foruming website than this that I do tend to keep to myself but thats more because if I bump into a fellow user (it happens) its an unspoken rule you do not mention how you know eachother incase it would embarass the other person... and it proably would.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Top Dog

It's interesting to see how people feel about this.

I was active on a lot of (mostly music) forums when I was younger...now it's just chaz and an etymology forum I'm on.

I tell stories from here sometimes, mostly to my mom, but sometimes to friends. Sometimes I show my mom pictures of your dogs, lol. I usually say "this dog forum I'm on". If I'm talking to a stranger at work or something about training I'll say "someone I know had a dog with XYZ issue and the owner did THIS and it worked" but that's just so they'll listen to me.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Top Dog

I do. My friends and family are used to it. I have done fosters, rescues, and transports through forum contacts. I have joined or tried new sports and found new breeds that I end up getting a puppy from. Limit would not be with me now ifit were not for forum people. I would never have met my best friend or my fiancé.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Top Dog

I don't hide that I'm on a dog forum. I don't usually refer to it by Chaz though - only when I'm talking to Matt. I don't want people coming here and invading it. I mostly just ignore the people that get all freaked out that I've meet people from online. I have not yet been murdered by a serial killer, I think I'm wise enough to continue that trend.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Resident fainting goat

Raise your hand if you really are a 50 year old serial killer

Sorry guys lol

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Very Food Agressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I refer to y'all as "friends" or "someone I know" depending on how well I know you. That's about as detailed as I get. If anyone asks how I know them, I say "from the internet." Everyone knows I'm on forums, just not which ones lol.

My mum knows Traveler in particular very well and would probably steal a Trav puppy if I got one Sometimes I'll be looking at someone's Facebook albums for their dog(s) and my brother will sit next to me and awwww over all the pictures. Especially Moo.

Some people thought I was crazy for sending a chihuahua to some random person on the internet Once I had that "random person" on Facebook it became instantly acceptable, though.
LOL I'm so random, I can't possibly exist and be safe unless we're facebook friends that's ok, it's always fun trying to explain where I got Tango from. My co-workers will occasionally say I got him from the internet. When I tell his story I just say I was friends with the Vet Tech who ended up fostering him.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:02 PM
such sights to show you

I don't specifically name Chaz, but I will refer to "dog people" or "dog forum people" or "online dog people" with people I talk dogs with IRL. Which is pretty much none of my family, but some of my coworkers and my husband.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Top Dog

I don't specifically say chaz, or even that I'm on a dog forum unless it's super relevant to the conversation. You guys are "my friends" or "someone I know". If I ever get asked how I met someone, I just say through networking or online.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie