Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Obey the Toad.

DH and my parents know all about it. DH gets the forum thing, and my parents pretty much counted me as nuts anyway since we got the second dog (because according to my mother only weird people have more than one dog), so I figured I may as well talk about "my dog board." I do have a couple friends that I have mentioned the forum to (not by name though) and to everyone else you guys are "a friend of mine" or "one of my dog friends."

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Love My Mutt <3

I don't purposely not mention it, really LOL they all know I'm far too obsessed about my pets Just.. it's easier to say "my dog forum" rather than "Chaz, my dog forum" because if I said "Chaz"/"Chazhound" they wouldn't know what it was... it's no facebook

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Top Dog

Heavens no. If something from here needs to come up in my daily life, it is "someone I know from dog stuff". Other than one friend who I know from an online game and is "someone I know from horse stuff", who occasionally gets hit with "holy crap, listen to this".

Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 AM
Little dog, big voice

I usually just say "someone I know.." although to my family, they know about it already so they usually can figure out it's someone from here.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:49 AM
Just try me..

I talk about it with people who are on chaz that I know IRL. Buts its like friends chatting about other friends. I also believe you can make friends over the internet. I counted some chazzers as friends before I met them.

Also I wouldn't worry about my friends knowing I was on a forum. LOL that isn't going to change anyone's opinion of me. Heck I was telling a friend the other day that I could get a cert for Guinness World Book of records from being part of the world's largest secret santa on an internet site (reddit). No one thinks its weird. But then I tend to hang out with techy/geeky people.

LOL I personally am far more weirded out when people say they spend a lot of time on facebook than on forums.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
I talk about it with people who are on chaz that I know IRL. Buts its like friends chatting about other friends. I also believe you can make friends over the internet. I counted some chazzers as friends before I met them.

Also I wouldn't worry about my friends knowing I was on a forum. LOL that isn't going to change anyone's opinion of me. Heck I was telling a friend the other day that I could get a cert for Guinness World Book of records from being part of the world's largest secret santa on an internet site (reddit). No one thinks its weird. But then I tend to hang out with techy/geeky people.

LOL I personally am far more weirded out when people say they spend a lot of time on facebook than on forums.
Same here.
It's like..what do you DO on there though? I mean, yea, upload some pictures, see what your friends are up to...then what? play farmville for 8 hours? LOL I feel like I'm missing the point but I can't spend more than 30 minutes on facebook at a time
Old 11-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Just try me..

if you are spending 30 min.... lol jk

But ya, I check FB a few times a day, scan whats new and see if I have messages and that's it.

Forums are a wealth of information and entertainment.. no comparison.

Oh and I had forgot to mention in my previous post. I don't talk about chaz to people, as I generally don't need too. Some of my friends know, cause its easier to link them to a big thread with pics I made that send them all the pics (ie when Dekka did the movie)

Yesterday people came over to look at Quest. I went on chaz whilst they were busy and looked up a pic of Walsh as I think her coat will be the same. With my computer the way it is that was the fastest way to find a Walshie pic lol. So it does come up, and if it does I don't hide it. But it never seems to come up -other than with other people who are on it.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Resident fainting goat

Also, is anybody else weirded out by people who aren't INTO anything?
Like you aks them their interests and they are just like "Oh you know.. I dunno.. I like to hang out with my friends.. music is ok..movies are ok.." and you get to know them and they continue to stand by this "normal person" persona.

I always make it my personal mission to find out their THING. Everyone has to have at least one right? That thing that makes them go all nerdy fan girl?
For most people, I do get to know them and find something. One of my best friends for YEARS finally told me that she was frequent on a cat forum and SHOWED her ragdog cat and everything
and it felt like almost one of these moments

but I have met people, I have a close friend like this, who I dunno what she does all day but she doesn't seem particularly interested in anything, like, not to the point of excited jumping up and down kind of passionate. And it's like being around someone with two heads.. I MUST KNOW!! She is friendly, kind, smart, funny,social.. there has to be something.
and it drives me CRAZY!!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Also, is anybody else weirded out by people who aren't INTO anything?
Like you aks them their interests and they are just like "Oh you know.. I dunno.. I like to hang out with my friends.. music is ok..movies are ok.." and you get to know them and they continue to stand by this "normal person" persona.
YES!

That's why I love seeing them all into things and posting about it on facebook. I love to see the really varied and passionate interests people have.

The other people? I know it has to be there. I mean, you can't live your life being like "Yeah, that's cool." about everything! Though, when I talk to someone who acts like that I always feel like I'm obsessively squealing about everything I like.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:27 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

My family knows I frequent a dog forum, my sister and our friend know that it is Chaz, no one else knows. I vent a lot here and post things that I don't want to share with most people I know IRL. Sometimes I post things I don't mean and I can't take them back and for that I'm ashamed, so I don't want people to see things I've posted in the past.

The way I refer to you all is either "someone I know blah blah blah" or "someone I know online blah blah blah". When I was younger I spent a large portion of my time online (an even larger portion than I do now, lol!) and I have made many friends on the Internet. So my family at least, and some friends know that I am a part of some forums/talk to people on the Internet.

Several people know I am into dogs. I always find it weird when people DON'T know how into dogs I am, lol! Anyone who's knows me since I was younger, knows. As most of you know I used to be very into showing/breeding. I never did show, but before we knew anything, I (and my family) did breed a few litters of puppies. So anyone who knew us then, knows how into dogs I am. But now that I just have two dogs as pets, most people never suspect how into dogs I am.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)