Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-03-2012, 10:11 PM
We are Home.

Jeremy knows, some of my family and thats about it. Ive mentioned in passing to my friends but mostly yall are just my friends besides that.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Top Dog

My parents, two of my brothers, one of their girlfriends, and my good friends know. The two brothers both have forums of their own so they get it, it's not like everyone doesn't already know I have a dog obsession. The other brother doesn't know, he barely approves of my life as it is lol. I'll call it "the dog forum", I don't think they'd remember it's called chazhound, my friends know you as the "forum folk". If I were talking about something from the forum to someone I'm not close to I'd likely just say someone I know. It's usually "I know someone with *this breed*" or "I know someone whose dog *did this, had this illness, etc.*

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Top Dog

No one I talk to really knows what an online forum is so its kinda hard to explain to them

Old 11-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Blonde Raccoon

Just my mother. I used to be super active on another dog forum that has since closed and made lots of really good friends on there (met IRL many times, send packages routinely, etc.), so when I mention 'the dog board' my mum probably assumes I mean the same one. Usually the only time I bring it up though is when I show her cute pictures or videos that I've seen on here.

My friends, no WAY. They would think I was absolutely crazy for posting on a dog forum. Omg, I would actually never hear the end of it.

paris & seamus o'grady.

r.i.p. sally, never forgotten.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Yes, to my better half...he hears about you guys often and he often gets dragged to the computer screen to look at pictures

Sometimes I mention something about the online dog folks I talk to in conversation with certain friends...

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 11-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I tell people... some think I'm crazy but hey that's ok lol. I'm pretty much the crazy dog lady around here anyways and I know my family thinks I'm nuts and they sort of roll their eyes sometimes when I mention the forum, but it is what it is.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Resident fainting goat

I normally would tell my friends and family, and I almost have on a couple of occasions. I mean, it really isn't the "they'd think I was crazy!" thing really, because they know about all my other dorky obsessions lol

but chaz is just so..rare. It's a breath of fresh air from the drama, the mess, the stress.. of real life. A place where for all intents and purposes I can vent and be myself and speak freely without worrying about real life reverberations. Not that there isn't drama here, but it's all very separate from my real life and I LIKE IT THAT WAY.

If I told people and people I knew IRL got involved I feel like that spell would be broken and real life stress would leak in and out of here somehow. Something I said here would offend someone IRL or I would have to censor myself in case somebody IRL saw etc..etc..

Plus I can basically say whatever I want without having to deal with the expectations of my loved ones. Making my parents proud, being a good student, a good friend, a good girlfriend.
here I can just be Fran lol

Oh and it also means I can basically talk about my personal life here without worrying about who is going to see.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:15 AM
The Littlest Hound

I usually just call it "the dog forum I'm on" to everyone... I talk about it to Chris & my parents & close friends... after explaining to them that people meet up, and we do the secret Santa thing, and lots of people have been on it for years... I don't think they thing I'm TOO crazy... lol.

When referring to people, ill say "my friend..." to like coworkers & people I don't know well so I can avoid a long backstory... with the above-mentioned people, Ill use a "someone from that dog forum I'm on...".

I'm guilty of sharing photos of many dogs, and videos of Backup/Sloan

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 11-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Jelly baby?

I refer to y'all as "friends" or "someone I know" depending on how well I know you. That's about as detailed as I get. If anyone asks how I know them, I say "from the internet." Everyone knows I'm on forums, just not which ones lol.

My mum knows Traveler in particular very well and would probably steal a Trav puppy if I got one Sometimes I'll be looking at someone's Facebook albums for their dog(s) and my brother will sit next to me and awwww over all the pictures. Especially Moo.

Some people thought I was crazy for sending a chihuahua to some random person on the internet Once I had that "random person" on Facebook it became instantly acceptable, though.

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor

Last edited by Saeleofu; 11-04-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Ho ho ho off.

The other half knows all about it. And I'll mention it if I'm referring to something I've read here.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein