Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Felurian

Default Hot sauce!

I just finished making two quarts of habanero sauce.

Tallulah just could not understand why I didn't let her clean out the saucepan

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-01-2012, 02:56 PM
<--------Orson

LOL, while I'm sure she'd LOVE the taste........her firey bum wouldn't be thanking you tomorrow! LOL

Orson gets upset when I don't allow him leftover mexican cuisine, (it doesn't even have to be overly spicy) his tummy can't handle it and I'm chief scooper 'round here!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Felurian

Kharma's my habanero eater. Tallulah . . . not so much, lol.

I let her have some leftovers once that still had some of the heat. She took her first bite, went in for the second, then realized it had bitten her back. She looked puzzled for a second then started growling and barking at the plate.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Top Dog

Poor Talulah. Habaneros are HOT!!! My b.i.l. eats them like you would an apple. I just can't understand it. LOL. I like a little bit of hot, but not too much. And those are unreal. It's good for you though and it's neat that you made your own.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Top Dog

That's adorable!

Patriot, the GSD I grew up with, loved spicy foods, but his tongue would swell and turn dark when he ate them.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:36 PM
<----Thanks Allie

HaHa. That's priceless.

I love spice. <3 I hope they were homegrown.... They're always hotter. :-)
Old 11-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Felurian

They were definitely homegrown -- right in the backyard

Now I've got a whole pile of cayennes to do something with. I'm thinking some different flavored sauces, definitely one with mango.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

That sauce sounds good! I've had a mild obsession with habanero peppers lately. I put them in everything
Old 11-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Felurian

I ran an onion and a couple small cloves of garlic through the food processor with about a quarter cup of grapeseed oil, then cooked the mix until it was translucent. While that was cooking I ran carrots and an apple through the processor until I had about a cup and a half.

When the onions were translucent, I added the carrot mix and about 2 cups of water and let it simmer until the carrots were good and soft.

I had about 18 - 20 habaneros I put through the processor (wearing gloves and glasses!) and added them and a cup of white vinegar, half a cup of lime juice and a few pinches of sea salt to the cooked carrots, brought it back up almost to a boil, then let it simmer for 5 minutes.

After that it all went into the Vitamix to blend until it was completely smooth and liquid. One bottle went into the fridge and the rest is in the freezer.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-03-2012, 04:30 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Mmm I love hotsauce! My dad has been trying different recipes for a while now - none seem hot enough... Though you can't really stay in the kitchen while he's cooking them.

I love spicy as well - though we usually stick with Melinda's hotsauce, since I can't seem the grow habaneros.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.