Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Top Dog

Default Would This Concern You?

Recap: Fawn is the 13 week old sheltie mix I'm fostering. I have had her a week and a half. She and her brother were found starving to death in a ditch. The day after I took Fawn, her brother went into a foster to adopt placement. The mother was never found. Fawn does not see well, and should be going for futher testing when the shelter can get the money together. She isn't showing any other health problems.

In a week and a half, Fawn has gained almost three pounds, moving from 6.9 to 9.7. She has energy, has become more social, and is doing very well.

She went back to the shelter today for a check-up, and we happened to run into her brother and his new family. He's a moose. The shelter manager clocked him in at 21.5 lbs!

Now, I know that there is a large possibility that the two of them have different fathers, but they were nearly the same size a week and a half ago.

Would any of you worry about there being that big of a size difference between littermates in less then two weeks? Or should I just focus on the fact that Fawn seems to be getting healthier by the day?

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Top Dog

I wouldn't be too worried, she may be the smallest of her litter and yes it is important that she gets healtier by the day.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Top Dog

What did he weigh before?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Top Dog

He was 8.1 or 8.2, I can't remember which. I about choked when I saw him.

As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:08 PM
treehugging clicker freak

.... I want pics lol

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 11-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Twin 2

Didgie and Zinga have and have had about a ten pound difference. I wouldn't be worried. I but I do want pictures
Old 11-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88 View Post
.... I want pics lol
Of both!

And before and afters!

And just some play time ones.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Top Dog

Unforunatly, I didn't think to snap a picture today, and I don't know if one was taken the day they found them. They were pretty disgusting when found, and I can see why no one would want to see that.

You can see a few pictures of Fawn on the first thread I posted about here here:
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186363

Tomorrow morning my Mom is going to help me take some nice pictures of her (and possibly his coyness, if he gets over his 'camera will steal my soul' fear).

I'm glad to hear that others aren't concerned about the difference in size. I just worry that her eyes are a sign of a deeper problem, and when I saw how big her brother was, and how puny she looked in comparison, I freaked out a little. Yeah, I'm kind of a hypochondriac, and if it's not me, its one of the pets. Don't even get me started on the time I thought Argon had an anal tumor...

Old 11-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Top Dog

I'd be focused on what's in front of you.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:46 PM
overdogged

Not really as long as she's gaining weight and her body condition is good (or improving).
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?