Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Sometimes when things are really bad & I get funky ... I think that too,

Old 11-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Taq, depends how long you'll be up here. I work from 9-6. I'd love to see you guys and the dogs again though. Sawyer sure could use a good romp with other barkfaces!
Well I think our Denver plans got scrapped. I'm at the vet waiting for Tipper to be sedated. We should get the bark faces together once she heals up though!!

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Top Dog

Sorry I didn't write back yesterday. It's just weird sometimes. It's not the clouds or rain. That doesn't usually affect my mood too much. Sometimes it just flat out hurts when your kid says something that makes you feel unappreciated and used even though you know he loves you. But it's okay now...things are back to normal for the most part.

Bogart....New Orleans might be really fun. What an interesting place. Some time it would be really fun to take a road trip down there. I've been in most states but not so much the southern states.

Zoom, I'm sorry that you're having a rough time too right now. Hopefully, things will spring back to feeling better soon for you.

Romy...I love your Zois....I wouldn't mind hanging out with you. We always talk about it, but then get busy I guess and just don't get together. I hope one of these times, we really do get together.

Taq....thanks. Tipper would be welcome to give me a lick. Just not IN my mouth. I'd have to have a talk with her about that. LOL! I'm use to that though. Every once in a while, one of my dogs gets me when I least expect it. Hahahahaa!

Yoko....an Oklahoma road trip....that could be cool. Maybe we could go storm chasing. I see lots of tornados on that TV show that take place in Oklahoma and near by states. Actually, I have relatives in Oklahoma. My mother's cousin lives in Oklahoma and is the late senator Duey Bartlett's wife. His kids live there too. He was the governor and then a senator of Oklahoma....perhaps a bit before your time. He was very loved by the people there....a good man. Well...thank you for the offer. I can see I have a very large road trip to plan. LOL. Wouldn't that be fun?!

Laurelin, thank you. I'm sorry you are in a rutt too. We all just have to pull ourselves out of it, right? Maybe we can make a club and do something to pull each other up by our boot straps when we get into these moods.

Thanks everyone else too, for your kind words and understanding. I hope that anyone else who gets to feeling crummy will pull out of it. It's no good to stay that way for long. Steph, I know you've been having a rough time. I hope things will get better for you. It's weird though. I hardly ever feel lousy like that. It took something very specific for me to get down. Weather doesn't usually do it to me Smkie. I know it is very common though for many people, especially here in the Seattle area. I hope it won't bother you too much. I picture you though, looking at the cold, cloudy weather and appreciating something about it. You strike me that way. I see you and me both getting out some paint brushes and painting a cloudy, windy scene on a canvas. haha. And I hate whining on Chaz about it. I just felt at the time like I just had to. Joce, I know, you're right. It does get better. And it pretty much has already. Moth, thanks for the hug...needed that.

You're so right about the dogs and cats Barb, (use to be horses too for me), but they don't speak English very well. Hahahaa.

Thanks everyone. I'm really quite embarrassed about making such a fuss. I hope I haven't done that too often here. I'm usually not that wrapped up in complaining-type stuff. But this time it hit me like a ton of bricks. I sure do appreciate you guys! When the chips are down, Chazzers rise up to the occasion for sure. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Top Dog

I kinda prefer to go the opposite way of the tornadoes XD

That being said I do have a friend from high school who has a weather guy/storm chaser husband lol. The only bad thing is lately all the warnings/bad weather stuff has been happening at night this year so there wouldn't be much to see

I wasn't alive when he was governor but his son is the Mayor of Tulsa so I do know of his family

Old 11-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Top Dog

Yoko! I almost forgot to come back to this thread. Wow, I didn't even know his son was the mayor. LOL. That's how out of touch I am with that part of the family.

Yeah, tornadoes would really creep me out. I love watching them on TV...very interesting and eerie. But I can't believe those storm chaser guys. So, your friend has a hubby that does that? I bet she gets worried a lot. I'm with you....I'd be getting out of the way as much as possible too. lol. (I'm not really the storm chaser type)
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Blackout

Storm chasing is interesting, I bet the inside of a storm/hurricane looks incredible though....

Yeah I'm the opposite lol - I'm very depressed/pessimistic; well, more like very much so in the past two years, but this year has just been...ugh. Not a break to be had yet.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 11-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Top Dog

Awww Steph...I don't know if it's possible with everybody, but I think it is possible in some cases to just pull yourself out of it...force yourself to think positive only thoughts, tell yourself, "don't even go there..." and just make yourself find those things that will make you smile. Sometimes those forced, albeit pretend feelings turn into real feelings that are more positive and happy. I think it has something to do with the way the brain is wired. If that fails, have you seen a doctor about this? Don't let yourself go on feeling depressed if there's the tiniest inkling of a chance. (which I think there ALWAYS is)
((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

On the surface I know I come off as an ice queen bc I'm shy. But that isn't true at all, I really am a very nice person & try to smile & say hello to everyone, cuz you never know that next person could be having a bad day & you may make their day by being nice to them.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
Storm chasing is interesting, I bet the inside of a storm/hurricane looks incredible though....

Yeah I'm the opposite lol - I'm very depressed/pessimistic; well, more like very much so in the past two years, but this year has just been...ugh. Not a break to be had yet.
I think it would be cool. But the tornado clouds aren't even the craziest looking part. Usually the craziest looking part IMO is the wall cloud. You can see this cloud going up for what looks like forever and it's SUPER creepy seeing the edge of it move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Awww Steph...I don't know if it's possible with everybody, but I think it is possible in some cases to just pull yourself out of it...force yourself to think positive only thoughts, tell yourself, "don't even go there..." and just make yourself find those things that will make you smile. Sometimes those forced, albeit pretend feelings turn into real feelings that are more positive and happy. I think it has something to do with the way the brain is wired. If that fails, have you seen a doctor about this? Don't let yourself go on feeling depressed if there's the tiniest inkling of a chance. (which I think there ALWAYS is)
((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
This. Sometime you just have to lie to yourself.

When I was having a hard time with my best friend leaving I pretended to be happy. There were even a couple times I'd look in the mirror and be like 'shut up you're happy'

Slowly it went from lying to just tellingmyself the truth.