Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Top Dog

So far I've only told my mom and two friends.

My mom I had take me to the dr the day after I took a HPC and just told her in the doctor's office. I was just like "soo I had to come to the dr because I'm pregnant". She said "how?" *smacks forehead*.

She wants me to tell my dad and brother tonight. I'm only 8 weeks, but I live with them and apparently they're all worried because of how much I'm throwing up, etc. My dad has FOUR kids, so I have no idea how he hasn't figured it out yet.

But as far as other people - my other friends, I'm probably going to write it in their Christmas cards, since I'll be 12 weeks on Thanksgiving.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Haven't had to deal with this yet since I have no kids and I'm definitely not pregnant. I have thought about ideas though and I think I'd love to wait until I can do an ultrasound and then print the photo and frame copies for mine and his parents. I would want to come up with something creative to add to it. As far as outside of family... I guess I'd just point blank say it.

Though... When I do eventually end up pregnant I don't want to tell many people right away. I had a miscarriage quite a few years ago at 3.5 months and I would just worry about telling everyone and then that happening again.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 11-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Top Dog

Well I told my mother over the phone (and she actually took it quite well) And he told his mother both were around 4 ish months, it "leaked" to the rest of his family lol and they were all there when I had my little monkey. I told my family 2 days after I had him :/
Old 11-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
So far I've only told my mom and two friends.

My mom I had take me to the dr the day after I took a HPC and just told her in the doctor's office. I was just like "soo I had to come to the dr because I'm pregnant". She said "how?" *smacks forehead*.

She wants me to tell my dad and brother tonight. I'm only 8 weeks, but I live with them and apparently they're all worried because of how much I'm throwing up, etc. My dad has FOUR kids, so I have no idea how he hasn't figured it out yet.

But as far as other people - my other friends, I'm probably going to write it in their Christmas cards, since I'll be 12 weeks on Thanksgiving.
at your dad.

I can't really help. We just told people we were adopting.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Top Dog

Barbara, did you tell your parents? I'm dying to know!

I told my dad this weekend. It was...interesting. We were driving around looking for gas, and he was asking about being in the ER, he was like "why were you dehydrated?" and I said "from throwing up" and he was like "well why were you throwing up? Don't know?" and I was like "I know why." and he said "why?" and I said "I'm pregnant" and his face got white as a sheet and he didn't say anything for like 3 straight minutes and then he said "well what are you going to do?" and I said "keep the baby" and he said "well that's cool." and that he's excited to have a little baby around. He did say he it's too bad I couldn't be having a baby with someone I want to stay with, and I know he's a little worried, but it wasn't so bad.

My mom told my brother. Without me there. I was PISSED, but I won't tell her. She was "worried" my brother wouldn't understand or would be confused. My brother's 18 years old and brilliant and understands mostly everything 1000 times better than my parents do. He did ask my mom why I would have a baby with someone who isn't my boyfriend, but he also told me he'd help with the baby and he knew where they had lamaze classes at his school and he'd get his friend who knits to make the baby a blanket. I still wish I got to tell him, but what's done is done.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

My cousin put a picture up on Facebook that I thought was super cute, it was her husband holding a sign saying "we are" and then she was holding out a Prego tomato sauce jar

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Top Dog

We made a slideshow with the title "What does Aesop want for Christmas". It had a bunch of photos of Aesop with different things, with text like "Does he want an XBox? Not this year" and so on, and then finally a pic of him with the ultrasound pic. (We'd waited until after the 12 wk mark)

Amusingly, only my mom actually WATCHED the slideshow, as I think the lad's family thought we were just posting dog pics again, lol.

No plans to have any more, but if I did I think I'd have a temporary tattoo made on etsy that said 'Big Brother, est. (due date)" and plop it on the kiddo's arm for a pic. Maybe I'll do that the next time I get a puppy, lol
Old 11-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Top Dog

Told my Dad. I just basically came out and said it in the middle of the commercials for a show, and he said "Nuh-uh". And I said "Yup..." and when I told him about all the tests he says "Well those things can be wrong sometimes" and I said "8 of them?". It took a little back and forth like that before he was like "I'm going to be a Grandpa before 50...". Lol. There was some sighing, but he took it well.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 11-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Bite Club

We told my mom by buying her a present - it was a little onesie that said "here comes trouble" on it. My dad and my husbands parents we just told over the phone because they don't live close by. We told parents a bit earlier - around 8 weeks I think.

After 12 weeks:

Our Facebook and Chaz announcement was this:

And everyone else, we just told when we saw them.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
We made a slideshow with the title "What does Aesop want for Christmas". It had a bunch of photos of Aesop with different things, with text like "Does he want an XBox? Not this year" and so on, and then finally a pic of him with the ultrasound pic. (We'd waited until after the 12 wk mark)
This made me laugh so hard, IDK why. "Not this year!"

I don't think I want to make a formal announcement on FB. I'll tell all my close friends/family in person or via x-mas card/phone call. Everyone else can hear it through the grapevine.