Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Top Dog

Default How did you share the news?

When you got pregnant?

I am going to my parents house today, and while I have already told my mother, I get to break the news to my Dad. I don't even know how to go about it... And I am worried he will have a heart attack.

And my boyfriends family... We have to them eventually, too. (Waiting until after 12 weeks.) They are EXTREMELY Christian and I am worried about their reaction as well.

So basically, how did you break/express the news of your pregnancy to your family/in-laws/friends?

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 11-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

With my first , i was a chicken and left a note and ran away.

with the others , i just sat him down and told him "your best friend knocked me up now I am
in the family way"

He was not amused with antics , but i did and dont care , i try to aggrevate the crap out of him.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Silence! I ban you!

We just told them, "We are pregnant."
Old 11-02-2012, 10:00 AM
We are Home.

^^^ Same as Eddie

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Resident fainting goat

I got this really cute baby announcement in the mail, I can't find it to scan it but it was like this!!

EDIT*: found one just like it

We are a huge family. Lots of babies. And this is the cutest announcement I've ever received (and yay on them for not just sending a bland facebook message.. this is so much more cute!)

Not sure how she told her parents but my advice would be to just say it. Honestly, confidently, without shame or fear. You are an adult...act like a guilty child and they will treat you like one.

"Please let me finish before you guys say anything. I'm pregnant, we are expecting a baby ________, 2012. We are happy, we have a plan, we WILL make this work and we know you might be concerned but we ask that if you can't be happy for us, you say nothing at all and we will just leave. We came here to tell you because we consider you family, and this family is changing and we want you to be a part of it. but if you can't be happy for us and welcome this baby with joy, we understand. Our family may be small, and different and this baby may not have come at the traditional time..but you have to trust that we are prepared and truly happy for this child, if you can't be happy with us, we ask that you not be a part of our family anymore."
Old 11-02-2012, 10:10 AM
SBT Lover!!

OMG!! I love that baby announcement!!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Top Dog

Holy buckets that announcement is adorable. We waited until 11 weeks to tell my parents. I gave my dad his birthday card early (way early) and got him a "Happy Birthday Grandpa" card. As soon as he opened it he got this huge adorable grin on his face. I put a picture of our first ultrasound in there so when he opened it there was no doubt. It was really really cute actually and I'm glad we did it that way, I will NEVER forget that look on my dad's face. <3

Matt's parents are in Hawaii so we called them and then sent them a picture of the ultrasound while we were on the phone - I heard Matt's mom squeal from three feet away lol. We waited until 13 weeks to tell them, mostly because his grandma is really sick and I didn't want to stress them out/make them more sad if something bad happened. And it worked out because she'd had a really bad day and she was SO happy, she said it was the best news they could have gotten.

The only other person we told in a special way was my sister - I sent her a picture of Mu with a "Congrats Aunt Megan!" sign around her neck. Lol. It was supposed to be Murphy in the picture but he kept rolling over when we put the sign on him. Dork dog.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Top Dog

With my parents I bought a clear blue digital test that comes up "pregnant" and wrapped it up and we gave it to them and I wish I had a video camera because they had NO IDEA what it was..My dad thought it was a thermometer..LOL

It finally clicked and my mom started to cry because they had NO idea we were even trying..lol

When we told the in-laws the baby was suppose to be a size of a peach so we bought peaches and put baby ribbon around the peach and gave everyone a gift bag with the peach in it and they all had to open it at the sametime...lol

Old 11-02-2012, 10:55 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

I just called everyone and said "i'm pregnant". Lol not very exciting i guess but my mom guessed it two weeks earlier before I even knew

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Top Dog

Can I just give a little bit of advice, don't be too hard on them if they aren't thrilled at first. I know when my son told us he and his girlfriend were having a baby, I wasn't too happy. I never said anything to her, but I did have a heart to heart with him. He was only 23 and she was only 21. They were living paycheck to paycheck and having a baby was the last thing they needed. Their relationship was also rocky and they had just gotten back together after a bad break up. We have come around, gone to the ultrasounds and bought all their nursery furniture and she is due Nov 6th. I still wish they had waited, but I already love her and am looking forward to meeting her anyday now.