Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Show Dog

Default just some ranting and raving

I know I have been rather quiet and not had much time to be online, however the season is nearlly over and i will have more time to myself. I miss you guys and saw something yesterday again, that rather upset me all over.

On a few ocassions while taking Codi for walks, i have seen how other dogs are not kept inside the owners yards, or on leashes when walking. On a few ocassions I have had to jump between Codi and another dog that has tried to atatck Codi. And all Codi wants to do is play, its in his nature to want to play with other dogs.

Then last night i went out for dinner at a beach resturant, and as i was leaving at about 10pm, i saw a beautiful husky puppy running around loose, he couldnt have been older than 7 or 8 weeks, and he was really a beautiful pup. I wondered to myself if the owners of that dog have any idea how scared and how lost that puppy must feel. It was obviously not locals because the little town the resturant is in is a holiday town. I had to leave and couldnt stay with the pup, and I felt so bad for him. I wondered if his owners were looking for him and i was thinking about this little pup all day. Codi is so precious to me, as i am sure all your dogs are to you, i wouldnt even want to imagine how i would feel if Codi wondered off on his own.

I find it a disgrace that people have animals and they dont look after them, if you dont have the time or patients, then rather buy a stuffed toy that doesnt need attention.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:02 PM

How about when you see a poor dog locked in the car...it's either too hot or too cold, and the owners are obviously somewhere that is more than a minute..like a restaurant. Boy...that's a RANT for me. Poor little lost pup...who would let a tiny puppy run loose??

Hey, Iky....GREAT to have ya back!
Old 12-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi
How about when you see a poor dog locked in the car...it's either too hot or too cold, and the owners are obviously somewhere that is more than a minute..like a restaurant. Boy...that's a RANT for me. Poor little lost pup...who would let a tiny puppy run loose??

Hey, Iky....GREAT to have ya back!
Yeah, it's difficult to know what to do. My aunt once broke a car window that had a dog inside in the middle of a really hot summer!

Hoofa-1yr old red boy SBT x
Cleo-7mth old fawn (turning red!) girl Bullmastiff x Bordeaux
Old 12-29-2004, 11:17 PM
Felurian

It just tears me up to see something like that and not be able to DO anything about it immediately!

My dogs love to go with me in the car, but in the summer they don't get to go with me unless I'm not going to be leaving the car (they love drive-thru trips to the bank) or I'm going somewhere that they can come in with me. I don't worry about it too much during the winter, but there are places I won't leave them in the car unless there are two of them - or just Bimmer.

And always - always - no matter how large or small your dogs are - make sure you engage the parking/emergency brake when they are in a parked car. It's so easy for a dog (or even a cat) to knock a car out of gear.

Iky ~ it is SOOOO great to have you back!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-29-2004, 11:47 PM
Top Dog

I would have had a hard time not taking that puppy with me. I know you must have hated to leave that poor baby running around on its own. Didn't that owner know that puppy is just a baby. No one would let a human baby run around the streets alone without any protection or supervision. I hope.