Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-02-2012, 02:48 AM
Top Dog

I free feed, haven't had a dog with a weight issue since I started doing it three generations of dogs ago. King nibbles a couple of mouthfulls whenever he goes outside, quite often at this point, and Molly spends about 10 minutes at a time, about 4 times a day stuffing her face. When the bowl gets low, they usually dump it over and that's my signal to wash it out and refill it.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Top Dog

Sometimes? They kind of have to on weekday mornings because we have about a 30 minute window to feed them (and by we I mean Matt haha). That hasn't been a problem so far, since they're still perfectly willing to sleep in on the weekends. Although now that I think about it, I bet that's because the girls are on tie down at night. Tipper used to decide it was time for me to get up and pounce on the bed and lick my face. Lol.

Anyway, at night I really do try to vary it. I super dislike Mu and Murphy getting in my face RIGHT AT 5:30. And even if I've been feeding in a 4 hour time frame from 3:30 to 7:30 they still focus in on 5:30. Murphy's internal alarm clock apparently can't be reset. I'm getting a little frustrated with it but I'm noticing improvement on some days (after two years of trying to vary it). And when they're really annoying I just throw them outside until I decide it's time to feed the brats. Tipper doesn't bother me.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Top Dog

The evening meal is pretty fixed at 5:00. Meg can tell time and if I am distracted, will stand up and sigh at 5:01. Mornings is whenever I get up - 5:30 on work days, 6:30 or so on my days off.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Top Dog

We have a loose schedule. Whenever we get back from our nightly walk/dog park/whatever. If I don't feed them right when we get back I will forget.....until 3 am when Trin is doing all but rattling her bowl between the bars! Robyn is a grazer so I have to force her to eat at dinner with something tasty on top or else she will keep trying to get out the bedroom to eat in the middle of the night.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Plus One

We have a loose schedule. They're always fed after they come in in the morning. When I'm at school that's 6:30 but when I'm not at school it could be any time between 4-10am.

At night they usually get fed around 7:30 unless I'm doing something at that time. So usually between 6-8:30pm. If I forget about it until after 8:30 they generally don't get fed until the morning.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Bite Club

Yes - morning routines are pretty set since we both work, so they are fed when I get up around 7:30am and dinner is usually around the same time we eat so between 6:30 and 7:30 pm unless we are out doing something.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 11-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Top Dog

The dogs don't really, I mean I feed them around the same time every night but now that Classic is gone, the girls really don't hound me to get fed. The cats on the other hand are ridiculous, they start pestering me an hour or so before I normally feed them. If it wasn't for the cats I would probably forget to feed the animals frequently, LOL.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 11-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Top Dog

It's a pretty steady schedule...breakfast at 8:30 and dinner at 4:30. It can be an hour or so either way occasionally.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Top Dog

Morning and night, but it varies by hours. :]
Old 11-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Ruddy Buttinski

Not really. I usually feed Sienna when we're eating dinner, so she isn't watching us hungrily the whole time. Of course, it takes her like 30 seconds to eat, so she usually *is* watching us hungrily while we eat. And trying to convince me that I haven't fed her yet, see, the plate is EMPTY.

My current project, becoming a nonprofit: Lost Pets of Southern California
Sienna's new blog: Reasons My Dog is Sulking