Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
We used to. Like clockwork on perfect schedule but it turned out to create some NEUROTIC DEMANDING ANIMALS.
That's one of the reasons I avoided it to be honest. I mean, plus my inability to do schedules. But even I would try and feed them right after they came in in the morning they would get SUPER crazy focused on the fridge as soon as they came in. Didgie started going into the kitchen and sitting at it staring at it at "feeding times"
Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Whenever I remember to, usually twice a day. I used to feed them once a day, but Charlie will hurk if she goes to long between meals.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Top Dog

Yep. Zane used to get fed at 5pm. Every. Single. Day. And he knew when it was 5pm.

Now, it's usually whenever I get up(between 9am and 3pm), unless I have to go somewhere. Then I'll wait until I come back to feed him. After that....it's anyone's guess. Sometimes he only gets fed once a day, sometimes twice a day. If he yells at me a good 5-6 hours his first meal, I'll feed him again.

But, yeah. Totally not part of a schedule here.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Funny enough, Ella is the only one who complains if they're out of food of all the pets. She has no issue with picking up the porcelain food dish and throwing it at the bars of the cage.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-01-2012, 10:11 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Morgan eats around 8am and 4pm. And we do need to be pretty close to those times, because he will make himself sick if a meal is too late.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:14 PM
orange iguanas.

Yep. Breakfast is usually between 7-8am, I don't feed them, my mom does... so basically whenever she has time to get the dogs up and fed, because that's also about the same time the daycare kids start arriving so it's hectic. Juno used to wake up every day at 6:30am whining to eat, but thankfully she outgrew that as she got older!

Dinner is at 6pm. Juno usually starts getting antsy around 5pm. Today I got home from work a little before 4:30 and for some reason she thought that was signaling dinnertime, which I didn't understand because that's not the routine at all lol.

I like to keep it somewhat close to 12 hours between meals.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 PM
APBT crazy!

Yes. I feed my dogs in the early afternoon. They just won't eat in the morning so they get a few treats to have something in their tummy.
And usually if they don't finish all their food, they get it after we eat dinner. My 3 cat's schedules vary. Sometimes Miagi will just want canned food.. he's a spoiled brat but will eat dry too. Tiger usually gets dry and canned sometimes as he has a sensitive tummy so I usually have to buy some special canned for him. Angel usually gets both but not at the same time.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Top Dog

Yup! Give or take a few minutes, my dogs would start to get my attention when its feeding time. They would practically follow my movements with doleful eyes as if telling me to bring out the foodies. They get fed before I leave for work and after I had my dinner.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Original Twin

I'm with Fran. I vary my feeding schedule to "whenever" because I a) do shiftwork and b) don't want to be nagged.

I'm also with Mandy, Saga and Nico will both get the hunger urps, too, so sometimes they get a snack if my schedule changes.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Top Dog

Sort of, but not really purposely. They always get fed pretty much as soon as I wake up in the morning, and on work days I guess it's always around 7:20am, but on weekends it's two to three hours later. And on work evenings, my mom either feeds them around 5:00pm shortly after she gets home, or I feed them around 7:00pm shortly after I get home. On weekends, the evening meal varies depending on what we're doing and also what time they were fed breakfast.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN