Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
But she couldn't get pregnant, right? The only left was an ovary not the uterus?

I have seen a neutered dog "try" on an infect female but could they accomplish a tie?
No, she couldn't get pregnant. Both because there was no uterus and because her little boyfriend had no balls.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
But she couldn't get pregnant, right? The only left was an ovary not the uterus?

I have seen a neutered dog "try" on an infect female but could they accomplish a tie?
Yes. I've seen this first hand, and the male was 100% neutered, not cryptorchid (owned by a vet tech).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
No, she couldn't get pregnant. Both because there was no uterus and because her little boyfriend had no balls.
This might be the stupidest thing I ever asked, but if they leave an ovary inside..it wouldn't still be attached to anything right? I have a hard time even picturing that. What is the possibility (if the male was intact) of ectopic pregnancy in a situation like that?

Old 11-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Top Dog

Definitely possible! Spaying only removes the uterus and the ovaries. However, the bitch may not be very cooperative since it would no longer be in heat.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Active Pup

Thank you all for your valuable information - I've never had an un-neutered male dog before, but we'll be taking care of that situation soon! Does anyone know how long it takes after he's neutered for him to lose this desire? Also, will the surgery be harder on him because he's 4 years old?
Old 11-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen2222 View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes after he's neutered for him to lose this desire? Also, will the surgery be harder on him because he's 4 years old?
LOL when he's dead. Most dogs will still have the urge to mount bitches regardless of their testicles. Don't depend on neutering if you're having a behavioral issue.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Active Pup

Just a fact of nature, eh?? Good point - I think he's been an only child. I thought I'd heard that neutering them would calm them down.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Top Dog

Oh, I had quite the shock when I watched my neutered Shar Pei/Cane Corso have his merry way with my intact APBT. Hubby and I got to stand there for quite some time for it to be over so as to not injure anyone. While shocked, and slightly distraught, we did have a good time describing what we thought the puppies could've looked like had Wrigley not been neutered (and he was....at 6 months of age).