Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Top Dog

OMG FOOD. He's a foodie. This dog will do ANYTHING for food. lol. Not really dog treats so much... he'll do it and we use them for training, but if I REALLY want him to be "into" it and putting his all... I whip out the cheese or some chicken.

Brit & Jackson

Old 11-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Resident fainting goat

Cuddles.

I know it seems weird. But Romeo will do ANYTHING, I mean ANYTHING...to get back in a lap or under the covers. He will work longer and more enthusiastically just to be rewarded with a few seconds of a "rush cuddle" lol

other than that, food. Hotdogs especially
Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Top Dog

Romeo is about even on the toy/food scale but gets more excited about toys. This can be good or bad .

The rest are mostly food. Except Skye...uh..she might work for a live squirrel strapped on a remote controlled car . Maybe.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Top Dog

Tucker will work for both food and tug games but because he was always taught with food he will not tug in a training session. It's more like if we start playing tug I can then train him with the toy. But if he's expecting food and I bust out a toy I get a very confused looking dog. So food is his number one, even though he physically appears more excited while we play tug.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Top Dog

Mine all love food! And the clicker, they really love the clicker. With the exception of Roxy..sometimes she will go nuts for the food and clicker and sometimes she looks at me like i'm an idiot lol
Old 11-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Mackenzy: Food or tennis ball... she really loves toys but probably food a bit more, however, early on I created a dog with very unbalanced drives by allowing her to choose food over toys. So now after a lot of work she switches fluidly between food and a tennis ball. And she's obsessed with both. LOL. She's a really easy, fun dog to work. Except omg she food sharks so bad. My hands! *cries* She's also motivated by lots of running and jumping. She finds doing obstacles and jumps fairly exciting on their own.

Keeva: Is being crazy a reward? Because that's her favorite. However, she likes food and toys, I'd say probably toys a little more though it depends on the situation. Though honestly she's young and we're still hammering out the details of her drives and our relationship. She loves to chase things, her drive is pretty primitive so things that wiggle along the ground make her very excited. However, she also enjoys tug and fetch in their own right. The flirtpole makes her a zombie. FLIIIIIIRTPOOOOOLE. As far as food goes, her food drive is like... medium high. In very stimulating situations she will refuse it, but normally she'll eat just about anything.

But really, what she likes the most? Chasing me and barking at me, and punching with her little feet. LOL. She really likes interactive games with me. All I have to do to get her wound up is stomp and say, "Are you READY?" and she starts barking and bouncing. LOL Everyone at agility class thinks our wind-up routine is pretty funny, I'm sure.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 AM
The Littlest Hound

Mine only like food... It's almost depressing. Lol

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

praise.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Sloan, her ball.

Backup, a tug.

Arnold, food.

Shamoo, work?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Twin 2

Work hardest for? Traveler would be his ball and Didgie would be her tug.

But work best for? Probably food for both.

With Traveler and his tennis ball he's too into it, too focused and gets stuck on well known behaviors. It's great for really really high end rewards but hard to use to actually train and get anywhere.

Didgie I can get pretty far with the tug but she gets herself seriously amped up and anything that needs to be done methodically won't happen so we can't use it for shaping. For things like enthusiasm, speed and fun it works great but for precision not so much.

They are both food whores luckily though so most training is done with food which adds in a more thoughtful approach that tends to be less scattered and I try to ideally swtich to tug/ball as a jackpot and to bring back even more pep.