Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Idiocy abounds...especially on FB.

I am with you...I hate dogs too

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 10-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliraptor View Post
Sorry this happened. I've been very disappointed with the rescue attitude of many groups in both dog and horse lately. There is a "Smugness" around some of the people doing this that is not about keeping animals safe, but bolstering their own egos.

Still, it hurts, I know. Hugs, and then forget them.
I feel the same way

--------
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:55 PM
SevenSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I was starting to get frustrated that every single post from this person were super skinny dying dogs and saying things like, "adopt this dog or else you are a murderer". There was one pic of two puppies on deathrow and it said, "if you adopt one and let the other die you are a horrible person." Wtf?
Really? Their logic is flawless. But, why aren't they personally rushing out to adopt the dog or puppy, then? Damned dog-hating puppy killers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
that person proceeded to tell me how there is no such thing as breeding and how if we stop breeding for ten years there will still be so many dogs needing homes
As above, the logic of some of these "rescue nazis" as I refer to this particular brand of rescue advocate is a bit flawed. I hear the "if everyone stopped breeding for 10 years" thing all the time, but usually in the context of, "if everyone stopped breeding for 10 years, it would totally solve the pet overpopulation problem!" This particular person is technically correct. There would still be so many dogs needing homes, because even if everyone magically stopped intentionally breeding their dogs, we'd still have the strays and feral dogs indiscriminately humping away, and we'd still have the "oopsie, Flopsydoodles got out and visited the neighbor's boy dog because they just love love love each other so much, hearts and thparkles!" people. Unfortunately, their logic doesn't actually extend that far. Oh, and we'd have no breeds anymore, but that's no big deal because nobody really "needs" to be able to predict what size or temperament their dog is likely to be, right?

Just pat the idiot on the head and delete them. Alternately, play dead. Maybe they'll just sniff you, lose interest and walk away. I hear that works sometimes.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Really? Their logic is flawless. But, why aren't they personally rushing out to adopt the dog or puppy, then? Damned dog-hating puppy killers.

As above, the logic of some of these "rescue nazis" as I refer to this particular brand of rescue advocate is a bit flawed. I hear the "if everyone stopped breeding for 10 years" thing all the time, but usually in the context of, "if everyone stopped breeding for 10 years, it would totally solve the pet overpopulation problem!" This particular person is technically correct. There would still be so many dogs needing homes, because even if everyone magically stopped intentionally breeding their dogs, we'd still have the strays and feral dogs indiscriminately humping away, and we'd still have the "oopsie, Flopsydoodles got out and visited the neighbor's boy dog because they just love love love each other so much, hearts and thparkles!" people. Unfortunately, their logic doesn't actually extend that far. Oh, and we'd have no breeds anymore, but that's no big deal because nobody really "needs" to be able to predict what size or temperament their dog is likely to be, right?

Just pat the idiot on the head and delete them. Alternately, play dead. Maybe they'll just sniff you, lose interest and walk away. I hear that works sometimes.
Love this..n especially the hearts and thparkles!!!!
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 10-30-2012, 03:24 PM
SBT Lover!!

Of course you are! And so am I! Didn't you know that "You can always find a puppy, a young adult, middle age, senior, special needs at your local shelter. Always."
Old 10-30-2012, 03:29 PM
SBT Lover!!

Just had someone ask me, "How is I hate dog breeders a hateful page?" Umm...
Old 10-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
Of course you are! And so am I! Didn't you know that "You can always find a puppy, a young adult, middle age, senior, special needs at your local shelter. Always."
To be fair, you can at some shelters. My shelter always has more puppies than adults

But I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with responsible breeders, and when I get my GSD, he will be from one. But I also plan on fostering, so maybe the militant rescue folk won't condemn me TOO much lol.

In my mind, as long as you health test and make sure nothing you produce ever ends up in a shelter, you are not hurting anything.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
Just had someone ask me, "How is I hate dog breeders a hateful page?" Umm...
I like that!
Old 10-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Behavior Nerd

Been there and it sucks - people are NUTS.

The sad thing is that fostering or adopting won't save you from the rescue nazi's wrath against breeders and dogs purchased from breeders. It's ridiculous.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
You can't fix crazy.
Or stupid.

And when they're both together . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian