Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Top Dog

A LOT of guys keep their attraction to themselves & fake the funk. i think it's possible but more likely when you're older than when your in your party period.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:20 AM
Top Dog

Of course. I've had a ton of male friends, and none of us have tried to diddle each other

I am sure there are some people who cannot be friends with the opposite sex. But that's really an individual person issue.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:40 AM
Top Dog

I think it REALLY depends. I think when you're older (like 40+) then maybe... But I don't know.

Logically, the answer should be yes. Logically, women and men should have no issue being friends.

In MY actual life EXPERIENCE, they do have issues just being friends. Now, I think if it's an older, established friendship where they have already been friends for a long time with no feelings, than sure. No issue. But I don't personally think that people in serious relationships should be making new friends that are the opposite sex. Simply because it has NEVER worked out right for me.

So, I don't really know. Lol.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-30-2012, 05:14 AM
Top Dog

LOL this thread reminds me what a ***8220;young***8221; forum this is!

Yes, once you***8217;re in your 40***8217;s and old and decrepit you do have friends of the opposite sex, and its okay
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 10-30-2012, 05:50 AM
Ho ho ho off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danefied View Post
LOL this thread reminds me what a “young” forum this is!

Yes, once you’re in your 40’s and old and decrepit you do have friends of the opposite sex, and its okay
40's is old and decrepit?!! Please don't tell my 40's friends that...
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-30-2012, 06:18 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
40's is old and decrepit?!! Please don't tell my 40's friends that...
I was being facetious. I’m in the “40’s” category
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 10-30-2012, 06:30 AM
I'm All Ears

I've always had a lot of guy friends. I get along better with guys than girls. Unfortunately I often seem to be lumped into 'one of the guys' more often than not.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Walks into Mordor

Entirely possible.

I was another one of those who had more male friends than female. I've had a group of close guy friends since I was in high school. One or two date from junior high school. We were (and are) just friends...nothing more. Perhaps I'm showing my age, but we've remained good friends for more than 15 years. We're almost all married now, some with children. The dating scene never caused any lapses in our friendship, either. We all had SOs who understood that we were just friends, and were no threat to each others' romantic relationships.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

NAH , And it is just my jealousy and his , but chris and I dont do opposite sex friends .

I dont need any male friends , and he does not need any female friends.

Of course I need to say , we dont go out or party and any socializing with our friends is done at my house. We are really tight family group that shuns outsiders. He has a few male friends , I dont have any nonfamily female friends due to the last bitch i let in almost destroyed my family.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Top Dog

Can it work? Sure. Does it often cause a lot of tension? Absolutely.

I've always been someone who had more guy friends than girlfriends. That changed once I got married. Out of respect for my husband, I do not intentionally spend time alone with other men. I do not actively seek out male friendships. I have guy friends I've had since childhood that I still regularly talk to, and of course I have male coworkers that I have gotten to know since being married--but I would never call one of those guys up and say, "Let's go to the movies" like I would with a female friend.

A lot of people have told me that means I obviously don't trust myself (or my husband, since he has the same policy for female friends), but I don't think that's true at all. I value my marriage above any other relationship I hold, and don't want anyone or anything to come between it. I make choices to insure that it never will.