Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Top Dog

Thanks everyone!

Yup, Mia so far small sips of apple juice is one of the few things I can stomach. I had two little pancakes today too, which stayed down. I also had an ice pop (with the pancakes). I bought decaf black tea to make iced tea with, but haven't yet...I'm scared of throwing up herbal tea after I threw up mint tea and it BURNED a while ago.

I ran out of biscuits though *cries* and no chance of going to the store to get more.

ETA I threw up saltines the other day and it felt like vomiting up cement. Pretzels were helping in the beginning but no longer...

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Top Dog

I hate Sonic ice like nobody's business. I still do. Lol

Saltines didn't work for me in the sense it helped with the nausea, but rather it was a regular "food" I could eat with few problems. Thankfully I was turned off of sweets and craved green stuff (I.e. mustard greens, collards, spinich, okra, etc.).

None of the natural cures, such as additional B6 or ginger, helped with the vomiting. I still vomited with the prescription drugs, but just not as much (3-5 times per day/night as opposed to all day and night). Heck, I would even awake from a deep sleep and have to run to the bathroom before puling on the floor. I threw up in parking lots and on the sides of roads. I even threw up in a trash can in the middle of the mall (I was horrified and embarrassed beyond belief, but at least I made it to a trash can).
Old 10-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Top Dog

Wait till you vomit up spaghetti.

I still can't eat certain foods today because of my memories of vomiting them up.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Wait till you vomit up spaghetti.
Nope I'll stay clear, thanks. Plus tomato sauce sounds like the worst thing on the planet these days.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Taxiderpy

If you can stomach Otter Pops they can help with electrolytes/hydration. They're kind of sugary but it's better than being dehydrated.

Apple sauce is okay coming back up. No burning anyway, or sharp edges. It will help hydrate you too.

Those little gluten free arrowroot cookies were really good when I was pregnant. The nice thing about them is they are just a teeny bit sweet but super bland. And they're made of tapioca starch so they dissolve into the softest mush when you eat them. I only threw those up a few times and it wasn't nearly as bad as some other foods.

And holy crap. Stay away from Lucky Charms. They go in rainbow colored, but come out in a revolting grey slurry that looks like newspaper pulp and is NOT magically delicious.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:27 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I hate Sonic ice like nobody's business. I still do. Lol

Saltines didn't work for me in the sense it helped with the nausea, but rather it was a regular "food" I could eat with few problems. Thankfully I was turned off of sweets and craved green stuff (I.e. mustard greens, collards, spinich, okra, etc.).

None of the natural cures, such as additional B6 or ginger, helped with the vomiting. I still vomited with the prescription drugs, but just not as much (3-5 times per day/night as opposed to all day and night). Heck, I would even awake from a deep sleep and have to run to the bathroom before puling on the floor. I threw up in parking lots and on the sides of roads. I even threw up in a trash can in the middle of the mall (I was horrified and embarrassed beyond belief, but at least I made it to a trash can).
ONe time we were in the car and I had a McDs sweet tea cup. Those hold a suprising amount LMAO

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Nope I'll stay clear, thanks. Plus tomato sauce sounds like the worst thing on the planet these days.
I had a drastic aversion to tomato sauce, too. In fact, I can hardly tolerate it today. Before ever being pregnant, Italian food was my absolute favorite.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Professional Nerd

I had read that sour helps with nausea. I has bought some sour hard candy to suck on at a maternity store. Sour jolly ranchers and suckers worked as well. It did wonders for me.

Also did the two Flintstones vitamins. I was a puker.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Behavior Nerd

I wonder if they were Preggie Pops Aimee - I've heard a few people say that they were awesome.

https://www.threelollies.com/Default.aspx

Old 10-29-2012, 05:37 PM
We are Home.

Those didnt work for me. I gave them to the kids to eat after trying them and they just made me want to puke more LOL

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie