Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Thanks everyone ((hugs)).

Too late for boring, though...I've already had dangerously low blood pressure (well only dangerous because of the dangers associated with fainting, better than high blood pressure), an annoying reaction to going off my medication (heart arrhythmia, also not really dangerous but it made my blood pressure worse), and horrible morning (all day sickness) complete with dehydration! On the bright side, the dr says the worse the pregnancy symptoms the healthier the pregnancy
I only got as far as this post so don't know if anyone recommended this already, but have your OB look into vitamin B6 shots.

Especially if you've had any problems with morning sickness. Apparently the vomiting will deplete your B6 really quickly.

I had that problem with Sam. It was so bad that I had to sit in a lawn chair to shower, Kaia had to be a mobility support dog because I couldn't walk across the room without blacking out, etc. Luckily she was super velcro so that wasn't an issue. She'd even stick her head in the shower so she could watch and make sure I didn't pass out while getting cleaned up. lol

After the first B6 shots I was MUCH better. Two days later I crashed and felt awful again. It took 3 rounds of shots about a week apart each to even out, but it was definitely worth it. They were going to put me on blood pressure meds until someone thought to try it. It's actually a pretty common thing to do the B6 shots for that issue.

ETA: and CONGRATS!!!! ***hughughug!!***
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-29-2012, 07:19 AM
Taqroy's Avatar
Taqroy Taqroy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,515
Default

Congrats!! There's going to be a lot of Chaz babies.
__________________


I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-29-2012, 07:25 AM
ACooper's Avatar
ACooper ACooper is offline
<--------Orson
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: IN
Posts: 27,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Congrats!! There's going to be a lot of Chaz babies.
Right?! I was going to say that!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-29-2012, 09:27 AM
jenv101's Avatar
jenv101 jenv101 is offline
Bite Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,577
Default

Congrats!!!
__________________

~Aura & Riley~
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 AM
milos_mommy's Avatar
milos_mommy milos_mommy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,564
Default

Thanks everyone! Romy, I started taking the B6 pills yesterday, but so far no improvement. If it doesn't help I will ask my dr about the shots. Thanks for the tip.
__________________
"My favorite color is green, green like newly cut grass. When it comes to green with envy, though, you can stick it up your @ss!" ~ Grammy



http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:28 AM
jenv101's Avatar
jenv101 jenv101 is offline
Bite Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,577
Default

Make sure you are getting a good prenatal vitamin too if you can keep it down! Epsom salt baths are good way to get magnesium which is supposed to help a bit with symptoms too. I didn't have bad MS, but I feel for you!
__________________

~Aura & Riley~
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Thanks everyone! Romy, I started taking the B6 pills yesterday, but so far no improvement. If it doesn't help I will ask my dr about the shots. Thanks for the tip.
Definitely check into shots. It wasn't until the 3rd shot that I felt a sustained difference. The first two wore off in a day or so, so it might take a couple to get your levels back up and your body to get its equilibrium back.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Miakoda's Avatar
Miakoda Miakoda is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,661
Default

Congrats!! I, too, was starting to wonder after reading your last thread.

As for vomiting, I know all too well about it. I had hyperemesis with all 3 pregnancies, and I threw up every single day of all 3 pregnancies ( anywhere between 3-15 times per day). I was on oral Phenergan, Phenergan suppositories (I swore I'd n-e-v-e-r take such horrid things, but let me tell you that there is indeed a point at which you'd beg for such), and Zofran. Both meds were/are Cat. C drugs, but it couldn't be helped. Even with them I lost weight with every pregnancy, spent several days getting IV fluids, and suffered from preterm contractions brought about by dehydration.

Things I did find that helped or that I could keep down:
-small sips of super-cold apple juice
-iced/cold sweet tea
-eggo pancakes --> plain and broken up into tiny pieces
-saltine crackers
-taking 2 Flinstone Complete vitamins daily as opposed to a large prenatal vitamin (I chewed 1 Flinstone in the mid-morning after my initial vomit-fest and chewed 1 in the late evening after my late afternoon vomit-fest)
__________________
The Hokey Pokey. That's what it's all about.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Baxter'smybaby's Avatar
Baxter'smybaby Baxter'smybaby is offline
swimming upstream
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 21,976
Default

congratulations!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:02 PM
darkchild16's Avatar
darkchild16 darkchild16 is offline
We are Home.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tallahassee Florida
Posts: 21,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Congrats!! I, too, was starting to wonder after reading your last thread.

As for vomiting, I know all too well about it. I had hyperemesis with all 3 pregnancies, and I threw up every single day of all 3 pregnancies ( anywhere between 3-15 times per day). I was on oral Phenergan, Phenergan suppositories (I swore I'd n-e-v-e-r take such horrid things, but let me tell you that there is indeed a point at which you'd beg for such), and Zofran. Both meds were/are Cat. C drugs, but it couldn't be helped. Even with them I lost weight with every pregnancy, spent several days getting IV fluids, and suffered from preterm contractions brought about by dehydration.

Things I did find that helped or that I could keep down:
-small sips of super-cold apple juice
-iced/cold sweet tea
-eggo pancakes --> plain and broken up into tiny pieces
-saltine crackers
-taking 2 Flinstone Complete vitamins daily as opposed to a large prenatal vitamin (I chewed 1 Flinstone in the mid-morning after my initial vomit-fest and chewed 1 in the late evening after my late afternoon vomit-fest)


THAT!!! Saltines didnt work for me but pretzels did. pancakes and sweet tea did as well. I also got BAGS of crushed ice and got hydrated that way and it helped keep the nausea at bay.
__________________

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie



Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site