Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Thanks everyone ((hugs)).

Too late for boring, though...I've already had dangerously low blood pressure (well only dangerous because of the dangers associated with fainting, better than high blood pressure), an annoying reaction to going off my medication (heart arrhythmia, also not really dangerous but it made my blood pressure worse), and horrible morning (all day sickness) complete with dehydration! On the bright side, the dr says the worse the pregnancy symptoms the healthier the pregnancy
I only got as far as this post so don't know if anyone recommended this already, but have your OB look into vitamin B6 shots.

Especially if you've had any problems with morning sickness. Apparently the vomiting will deplete your B6 really quickly.

I had that problem with Sam. It was so bad that I had to sit in a lawn chair to shower, Kaia had to be a mobility support dog because I couldn't walk across the room without blacking out, etc. Luckily she was super velcro so that wasn't an issue. She'd even stick her head in the shower so she could watch and make sure I didn't pass out while getting cleaned up. lol

After the first B6 shots I was MUCH better. Two days later I crashed and felt awful again. It took 3 rounds of shots about a week apart each to even out, but it was definitely worth it. They were going to put me on blood pressure meds until someone thought to try it. It's actually a pretty common thing to do the B6 shots for that issue.

ETA: and CONGRATS!!!! ***hughughug!!***
Old 10-29-2012, 07:19 AM
Top Dog

Congrats!! There's going to be a lot of Chaz babies.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-29-2012, 07:25 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Congrats!! There's going to be a lot of Chaz babies.
Right?! I was going to say that!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Bite Club

Congrats!!!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Top Dog

Thanks everyone! Romy, I started taking the B6 pills yesterday, but so far no improvement. If it doesn't help I will ask my dr about the shots. Thanks for the tip.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Bite Club

Make sure you are getting a good prenatal vitamin too if you can keep it down! Epsom salt baths are good way to get magnesium which is supposed to help a bit with symptoms too. I didn't have bad MS, but I feel for you!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 10-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Thanks everyone! Romy, I started taking the B6 pills yesterday, but so far no improvement. If it doesn't help I will ask my dr about the shots. Thanks for the tip.
Definitely check into shots. It wasn't until the 3rd shot that I felt a sustained difference. The first two wore off in a day or so, so it might take a couple to get your levels back up and your body to get its equilibrium back.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Top Dog

Congrats!! I, too, was starting to wonder after reading your last thread.

As for vomiting, I know all too well about it. I had hyperemesis with all 3 pregnancies, and I threw up every single day of all 3 pregnancies ( anywhere between 3-15 times per day). I was on oral Phenergan, Phenergan suppositories (I swore I'd n-e-v-e-r take such horrid things, but let me tell you that there is indeed a point at which you'd beg for such), and Zofran. Both meds were/are Cat. C drugs, but it couldn't be helped. Even with them I lost weight with every pregnancy, spent several days getting IV fluids, and suffered from preterm contractions brought about by dehydration.

Things I did find that helped or that I could keep down:
-small sips of super-cold apple juice
-iced/cold sweet tea
-eggo pancakes --> plain and broken up into tiny pieces
-saltine crackers
-taking 2 Flinstone Complete vitamins daily as opposed to a large prenatal vitamin (I chewed 1 Flinstone in the mid-morning after my initial vomit-fest and chewed 1 in the late evening after my late afternoon vomit-fest)
Old 10-29-2012, 03:02 PM
swimming upstream

congratulations!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:02 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Congrats!! I, too, was starting to wonder after reading your last thread.

As for vomiting, I know all too well about it. I had hyperemesis with all 3 pregnancies, and I threw up every single day of all 3 pregnancies ( anywhere between 3-15 times per day). I was on oral Phenergan, Phenergan suppositories (I swore I'd n-e-v-e-r take such horrid things, but let me tell you that there is indeed a point at which you'd beg for such), and Zofran. Both meds were/are Cat. C drugs, but it couldn't be helped. Even with them I lost weight with every pregnancy, spent several days getting IV fluids, and suffered from preterm contractions brought about by dehydration.

Things I did find that helped or that I could keep down:
-small sips of super-cold apple juice
-iced/cold sweet tea
-eggo pancakes --> plain and broken up into tiny pieces
-saltine crackers
-taking 2 Flinstone Complete vitamins daily as opposed to a large prenatal vitamin (I chewed 1 Flinstone in the mid-morning after my initial vomit-fest and chewed 1 in the late evening after my late afternoon vomit-fest)

THAT!!! Saltines didnt work for me but pretzels did. pancakes and sweet tea did as well. I also got BAGS of crushed ice and got hydrated that way and it helped keep the nausea at bay.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie