Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Puckstop31's Avatar
Puckstop31 Puckstop31 is offline
Super-Genius
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA, USA
Posts: 5,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martoch
I believe I was the one backed into a corner.




Then this info is not for you.



A lot of free software does suck, but these are tried and tested over time by computer experts such as yourself.



You're something, that's for sure.




I didn't take it personally, I just took you for a goofy goober.




Oh great, now we're all 'Jesus people'???
J/K!

Ya know something.... I like you. You answered all these points in a way that I would have. LOL

With my tail between my legs, I humbly withdraw from this engagement....

BECAUSE I AM STILL AT WORK!!!

<mumble...stupid 24x7 enviroment...mumble.....stupid "narrow down windows"...mumble>

Martoch, really.... excellent responces to my boorish points. I can see how I SHOULD be the smacked ass in this case.
__________________
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28


R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Martoch's Avatar
Martoch Martoch is offline
Is it Halloween yet?
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Camp Crystal Lake
Posts: 97
Default

Awwww...


Thanks Puckhead31!




A few more goodies...

Voted best free e-mail client by many:
Thunderbird
http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

Free CD/DVD burning software:
CDBurnerXP Pro
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-19-2006, 08:19 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo
Martoch is last person you should be weary of. As a matter of fact he used to be a moderator on a tech support site. He knows more than I could ever hope to know about computers, and I am no academic slouch. He has his own pc repair business, so be confident that the free advice he offers is valid and acurate. As far as low post count.........that is strictly on this site. I can offer you the site to check his credentials in a PM if you ask. He has over 6,000 posts to his credit on the tech support site. Puckstop31, don't be so quick to judge.

I don't think he was being judgemental BUT things like that do happen all the time and you can never be too careful. i don't think anything he said was out of line. We do not know what he does on other sites. he was just putting it out there so others could be aware JUST IN CASE. I understand he is your husband but puckstop is my husband and he can fight his own battles.
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Martoch's Avatar
Martoch Martoch is offline
Is it Halloween yet?
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Camp Crystal Lake
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19
puckstop is my husband and he can fight his own battles.
You're posting in his defense to tell us that he can fight his own battles?


[scratches head]


Anyway...your post really wasn't necessary as we've overlooked all that jazz and moved forward.


Seriously...ask your husband, we talked in PMs for a short while.


So please...if there are any more posts that aren't related to this thread, feel free to PM that sort of stuff. It really isn't necessary and is degrading the purpose of me trying to be helpful.

One more startup list analyzer..
http://castlecops.com/StartupList.html
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-19-2006, 08:39 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martoch
You're posting in his defense to tell us that he can fight his own battles?


[scratches head]


Anyway...your post really wasn't necessary as we've overlooked all that jazz and moved forward.


Seriously...ask your husband, we talked in PMs for a short while.

So please...if there are any more posts that aren't related to this thread, feel free to PM that sort of stuff. It really isn't necessary and is degrading the purpose of me trying to be helpful.

One more startup list analyzer..
http://castlecops.com/StartupList.html



So everyone gets to say their piece except me FINE then be that way *cry*

Anyway having a separate program for every single thing also starts to bog down the computer.
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Martoch's Avatar
Martoch Martoch is offline
Is it Halloween yet?
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Camp Crystal Lake
Posts: 97
Default

No redheads allowed! (my wife is a readhead too)


For those of you that have a home wireless network that is not already properly set up for security. Most of the people I know don't even have any security settings enabled on their wireless routers. Avoid WEP encryption as it can be broken in minutes with free software. WPA is the way to go...
Wireless Security: WPA Step by Step
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Martine's Avatar
Martine Martine is offline
Trained by an Airedale
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 1,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scob89
I know all about that. lol Our main computer went down because norton missed a virus. It was bad enuff that I had to wipe the drive and install my OS again.

As for that spysweeper I think that it is crap. I used it for awhile I found out that it takes away power from your computer and takes forever to scan both hard drives.
We paid for spysweeper, but never turn it on, because of exactly that problem scob. I just have one pc to take care of these days, but even with all the paid-for or free software out there I known you are never 100% safe. I just don't open unknow emails and surf a lot less. Means I get to spend more time here
__________________
nothing makes me feel so free, as when it's just my dog and me......


Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-19-2006, 08:50 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martoch
No redheads allowed! (my wife is a readhead too)


For those of you that have a home wireless network that is not already properly set up for security. Most of the people I know don't even have any security settings enabled on their wireless routers. Avoid WEP encryption as it can be broken in minutes with free software. WPA is the way to go...
Wireless Security: WPA Step by Step
Well than you should know better

B!tching is an art form for redheads and i haven't found a hair colour that can compare lol
anyway yeah it was off topic i know *slaps hand*
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-20-2006, 12:28 AM
chazhound's Avatar
chazhound chazhound is offline
Alpha Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,312
Default

Hi Martoch,
I used and can vouche for most of the programs you have listed. Cleanup is awesome and I have used it since 1.0 verson.
Thanks for the other great programs I so far am amazed.

Chazhound
__________________
Chaz
Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Martoch's Avatar
Martoch Martoch is offline
Is it Halloween yet?
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Camp Crystal Lake
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scob89
As for that spysweeper I think that it is crap. I used it for awhile I found out that it takes away power from your computer and takes forever to scan both hard drives.
You mean if you keep it running all of the time? I don't use spysweeper as realtime protection...I just use it as a one time scan to get rid of malware. As a matter of fact, the only realtime programs I have running are my antivirus, firewall, and popup stopper. If you're an IE user, Microsoft Antispyware Beta will catch a lot of spyware before it's able to embed itslef into your system. You'll see it pop up with a "XXX is trying to enter your startup registry" or whatever and you can decide whether or not to allow it. I'm a dedicated Firefox user, so no need for it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazhound
Thanks for the other great programs I so far am amazed.
Thanks chazhound...glad to be of service.


~Mike
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site