Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 12-28-2004, 01:14 AM
Big Dog

Default switching frm pads to litter

i rly think pad training a puppy would be easier then litter training.. but ultimatly i want him to go on litter.. do u think when hesfuly pad training i could just put the pad in a litter box and just put litter over it and when he getsused to the litter take the pad away.. or do you think i should just switch right know?? thnx.. raymond
Old 12-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I've never used a litter box for dogs. So, I don't know if they really work or not. Sorry I couldn't be of any help. But, the pads didn't work for me either. My dogs would just tear them up into little bitty pieces.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Top Dog

Training them to go to the litter box is the same thing as training them on the pad. YOu gotta take your puppy to the litter box every other hour to go potty. If she makes a mistake then tell her that she needs to go to the litter box. I think training them on litter box and pads takes a lot more work than training them outside. It took me at least 6 months for Toki to be potty trained on the pad but now i let him outside. I have the wee wee pad out all the time for emergency purpose if we don't open the door or if we are not home.